Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2009, 18:38   #1
God Member

MP expenses - Our Greg's

For info in case anyone hasn't seen it

Name Party Constituency 2nd home allowance, London supp, Office Staffing, Central Stationary, Staionary, IT, Staff Cover , Comms, Travel, Total

Pope, Mr Greg LAB Hyndburn 22,211 0 24,662 86,275 353 1,282 1,350 0 6,666 18,889 161,688

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2009, 19:46   #2
God Member

Re: MP expenses - Our Greg's

I think the weeks revelations have mainly focused on receipts rather than totals. It's how the totals are comprised that really anger people. I think Greg and every other MP should just go ahead and publish them now rather than waiting. They have access to their expenses on the parliamentary Intranet, with the 'personal' details which will be blacked out once they're eventually released to us, in a shade of grey.
Old 13-05-2009, 19:54   #3
Senior Member+

And to be honest I can't make head nor tail of those figs Entwisi, can you put them in a more idiot friendly form?
Old 13-05-2009, 20:06   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
And to be honest I can't make head nor tail of those figs Entwisi, can you put them in a more idiot friendly form?

That is what is currently available, but a full list of receipts will be available at some point in the next few months (unless the Telegraph or the MP's themselves release them earlier).
Attached Images
File Type: png popeexpenses.png (98.0 KB, 225 views)
Old 13-05-2009, 20:08   #5
Senior Member+

That makes a lot more sense, fairly cheap to run then Our Greg, compared to some!
Old 13-05-2009, 20:38   #6
God Member

Quote:
That makes a lot more sense, fairly cheap to run then Our Greg, compared to some!
yup ... it does kinda look that way ... and now, the million dollar ... oops, the million pound question: who ranks number one Who is the spendthrift leader in your House of Commons?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 20:47   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
yup ... it does kinda look that way ... and now, the million dollar ... oops, the million pound question: who ranks number one Who is the spendthrift leader in your House of Commons?
The part time cleaner I should imagine.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 21:17   #8
God Member

I wonder what Additional Cost Provision and Incidental Expenditure Provision covers?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 21:51   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I wonder what Additional Cost Provision and Incidental Expenditure Provision covers?
The Additional Costs Allowance (cost of staying away from main home/ACA) is paid to reimburse Members for necessary costs incurred when staying overnight away from their main home for the purpose of performing parliamentary duties. Inner London Members do not receive this allowance.

2007/08 ACA Maximum of £23,083

and

The Incidental Expenses Provision (IEP) can be used to meet the cost of: accommodation for office or surgery use; equipment and supplies for office or surgery; work commissioned or other services; and certain travel and communications. The Staffing Allowance is paid to enable Members to employ staff. Staff salaries are paid directly to staff by the House of Commons Department of Resources. The IEP can also be used to cover certain staff related costs.

2007/08 IEP maximum of £21,339

2007/08 Staffing Allowance maximum of £90,505

More info at: UK Parliament - House of Commons: Members' Allowance Expenditure 2007-2008
Old 13-05-2009, 22:43   #10
God Member

no sense in any of that...basic story is that most MP's are taking the pee..I feel sorry for the Mp's that are not gonna get any respect for the fact that they have not "conned" the system.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 09:07   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
no sense in any of that...basic story is that most MP's are taking the pee..I feel sorry for the Mp's that are not gonna get any respect for the fact that they have not "conned" the system.
I don't agree there Mancie, If an MP has done nothing wrong then he/she has every right to shout it from the hilltops and say don't class me with that shower of thieving scumbags
Old 14-05-2009, 09:16   #12

Smile Re: MP expenses - Our Greg's

Quote:
Me too
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 10:19   #13

I agree with all that has been said. I am fed up with waiting for the House of Commons to publish my receipts and have just been told that it may be another month before they do so. My intention is to publish myself every receipt relating to my Additional Costs Allowance on the internet within a week.
Greg Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 10:40   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pope View Post
I agree with all that has been said. I am fed up with waiting for the House of Commons to publish my receipts and have just been told that it may be another month before they do so. My intention is to publish myself every receipt relating to my Additional Costs Allowance on the internet within a week.
Fair play Greg
Old 14-05-2009, 11:17   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pope View Post
Very admirable Greg. Good work

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..