Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2009, 16:30   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Muslim Veils

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If the Catholic Church won't allowed married priests there maybe no church left in a few years, very few people are now taking holy orders there have been very few ordained in the salford dioceses of late. Even so I can't condone the church for trying to cover up abuse for any reason let alone to save face, and I will keep a look out for the film Rindi.
wrong,i am thinking of taking me vows.
Old 16-04-2009, 17:10   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I will keep a look out for the film Rindi.
You can watch a trailer for the film on the following link.

Deliver Us From Evil - Enter Site

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 18:02   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
couple of points I want to make about this post ...

re. the Burqa, anyone who has done any travel to Saudi Arabia will tell you the same story , as soon as the seat belt sign goes out on planes leaving Jeddah and Riyhad there is a procession of 'burqas' into the toilets and 5 minutes later a procession of some of the most beautiful women you will ever see return to their seats, the opposite happens on flights into the Kingdom ....babes into the toilets, Burqas out .........one thing to note ..all these women have male companions , husbands /fathers/brothers etc. who seem to have no problem with the change.
All these folks subscribe to and live by the rules of Wahabi Islam when at home but it goes out of the window when they travel. Hypocrisy or not ... not for me to say.

Re, the Catholic Church and "abuse" , the numbers being bandied about are just staggering/unrealistic , I'm just curious about a couple of points,
#1 , In cities like Boston , Philidelpia and NYC all cities with high Catholic populations and a high Catholic profile in Law enforcement (Irish cops and DAs) to know why nothing came out earlier since I'm sure lots of cops and DAs are ex alter boys .
Same applies to places like Dublin, sure most of the present day 'Garda' were alter boys at one time
# 2 (in the US at least) most of the lawyers who have been "Ambulance chasing" the Church for multi million dollar settlements all have names ending in 'stein' 'berg' and 'wietz'. not saying there is a conspricy but something smells
One thing that does smell is the referrence to Jewish lawyers: at best it's bunkerism; at worst anti-semitism.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 09:27   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You can watch a trailer for the film on the following link.

Deliver Us From Evil - Enter Site
Thanks Rindi
Old 17-04-2009, 09:29   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wrong,i am thinking of taking me vows.
Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch amen, arise Father Cashy
Old 17-04-2009, 17:49   #51
God Member

Quote:
Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch amen, arise Father Cashy
And we are to assume he has all these things, eh
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 23:09   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And we are to assume he has all these things, eh
hope their not all stored in teh same bag if he does

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 23:27   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by den the menace View Post
a very good example of our open door policy is illustrated by a family of pakistani's in my street.................2 sons both sent "home" to pakistan and both return with a bride apiece. they have now produced son's, and will when they reach thier teens be sent back "home" again to bring 2 more brides to produce more kids, who no doubt will be sent back to bring another bride to produce more kids to send home etc etc etc.

you can see where this is leading to, but our political master's just dont get it/dont care, so when the time comes to vote you know who to vote for dont you?
dennis
No..I don't know who to vote for..why don't you just tell us instead of posting riddles??
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 23:29   #54
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
No..I don't know who to vote for..why don't you just tell us instead of posting riddles??
He can vote Monster Raving Loony, I'm not.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 23:31   #55
God Member

i think he was refering to teh BNP who although have an excellent imigration policy severly lack in other areas ie: common sense

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-04-2009, 23:34   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think he was refering to teh BNP who although have an excellent imigration policy severly lack in other areas ie: common sense
may god strike me down fer saying this, but i would even vote TORY before voting fer thugs.
Old 17-04-2009, 23:48   #57
God Member

there has been criticism of the Catholic church in some posts, including my own.. but I don't criticise Christianity itself...I reckon the big difference here is that I can question some aspects of Christian church without having the fear of God placed on me or being outcast by the community... not so in the Muslim faith... the pressure on induviduals to tow the line is massive..and in that respect I feel the Muslim faith is even more in the middle ages than Catholicism.
Old 17-04-2009, 23:57   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
may god strike me down fer saying this, but i would even vote TORY before voting fer thugs.
same here..in the 70's ..to my shame I did attend a meeting of the then NF..it soon became clear that repatriation of "non British" was not the only option these people had in mind. "thugs" is a kind description Cashy.
Old 17-04-2009, 23:58   #59
God Member

Quote:
there has been criticism of the Catholic church in some posts, including my own.. but I don't criticise Christianity itself...I reckon the big difference here is that I can question some aspects of Christian church without having the fear of God placed on me or being outcast by the community... not so in the Muslim faith... the pressure on induviduals to tow the line is massive..and in that respect I feel the Muslim faith is even more in the middle ages than Catholicism.

the most i got for this was a snotty karma comment , if it had been mohammed i woulda started riots all over the world,been called a racist and probably threatened so i would agree theres more freedom in the christianity faith but lets face it their all bullocks anyway

Old 18-04-2009, 00:02   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
same here..in the 70's ..to my shame I did attend a meeting of the then NF..it soon became clear that repatriation of "non British" was not the only option these people had in mind. "thugs" is a kind description Cashy.
i was actually once threatened fer refusing to go to one, big mistake.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..