Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2008, 13:39   #61
God Member

Re: Naomi Campbell

believe it or not some people were saying it was hard for them to imagine niomi in a prison cell in a womans prison

i must admit i had no problem imagining that at all

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2008, 14:06   #62
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
She had no criminal record in this country although we know she is a nasty piece of work, that was the reason given for a non-custodial sentence
But she has been convicted and done community service previously. She is just one nasty piece of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was the guy being racist by informing her in 1 st class about her luggage? seems to me its campbell who is racist, they certainly dont inform the peasants in the cheap seats.
Totally agree with you there. She is racist and thinks she is something better than the rest of us mere mortals. She has not learned that she cannot treat people the way she does and resort to violence.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 19:37   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thought you were studying law? ya need to get on prison visits or visiting magistrates n see fer yerself, you would soon see how differantly they are treated.
Yes I study law sat in a lecture theatre in a big building in the middle of campus, not sat in a prison cell.

Treating a prisoner differently than others is a bit risky in my opinion, and I don't really understand why it would happen. Do you have an example of someone being treated differently in prison? How are they treated differently?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 19:47   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Treating a prisoner differently than others is a bit risky in my opinion, and I don't really understand why it would happen. Do you have an example of someone being treated differently in prison? How are they treated differently?
I really can't believe you asked that question. I think you should study in depth the workings of correction establishments and the prisoners held therein.
I am sure the librarian at the Uni will put you sraight.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 20:36   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I really can't believe you asked that question. I think you should study in depth the workings of correction establishments and the prisoners held therein.
I am sure the librarian at the Uni will put you sraight.
Why would we study the prison system?

1. Law students generally study to become lawyers, people who keep people OUT of prison.

2. We are concerned with COURT, not prisons.

I can't think of any reason for why I would study the prison system, especially when I intend on going into civil law, not criminal. There isn't a single available module that teaches about prison, compulsory or optional.
Old 21-06-2008, 20:39   #66
God Member

Quote:
Why would we study the prison system?

1. Law students generally study to become lawyers, people who keep people OUT of prison.

2. We are concerned with COURT, not prisons.

I can't think of any reason for why I would study the prison system, especially when I intend on going into civil law, not criminal. There isn't a single available module that teaches about prison, compulsory or optional.
Then why post stupid questions on something that is obviously not your subject?

Old 21-06-2008, 20:42   #67
God Member

Quote:
Then why post stupid questions on something that is obviously not your subject?
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
Old 21-06-2008, 20:48   #68
God Member

Quote:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
Not much chance for you then? did you expect a fool of whatever standing to go along with your little game.
Sometimes I find you a very intellegent girl, other times I seriously wonder where you are coming from?

Old 21-06-2008, 20:56   #69
God Member

Quote:
Not much chance for you then? did you expect a fool of whatever standing to go along with your little game.
Sometimes I find you a very intellegent girl, other times I seriously wonder where you are coming from?
I asked for a simple example of how celebrities are treated differently in prison. I don't follow celebrity news so I am unaware of any people in particular who have been given special treatment in prison. I've never been in prison and I only know one person who has. I have no idea how a prison works in general apart from those on telly.

I am admitting I don't know how prison works, so unless you want to elaborate on it, I'm not going to get the answers am I? I'm 19 years old and studied law for a year and have very little experience in crime and punishment, whats your excuse?
Old 21-06-2008, 21:07   #70
God Member

Quote:
I have no idea how a prison works in general apart from those on telly.

I am admitting I don't know how prison works, so unless you want to elaborate on it, I'm not going to get the answers am I? I'm 19 years old and studied law for a year and have very little experience in crime and punishment, whats your excuse?
I don't need an excuse and I have no intention of contributing to your education..........At nineteen years old I am of the opinion that your experience in many subjects is very limited.
The question you asked is a very difficult question for non academics who have not studied this very complex subject to answer.
I can give my take on the subject but don'f feel inclined to do so in open forum.

Old 21-06-2008, 21:12   #71
God Member

Quote:
I don't need an excuse and I have no intention of contributing to your education..........At nineteen years old I am of the opinion that your experience in many subjects is very limited.
The question you asked is a very difficult question for non academics who have not studied this very complex subject to answer.
I can give my take on the subject but don'f feel inclined to do so in open forum.
I asked for an example of a celebrity who has been given special treatment in prison, how is this difficult to answer. It seems that most people are of the opinion that celebrities get special treatment. I just want to know why and how.

I am just of the opinion that you talk a lot of cow pat and don't have a clue.
Old 21-06-2008, 21:26   #72
God Member

Read your own contribution....Madam.

Old 21-06-2008, 21:31   #73
God Member

Quote:
Read your own contribution....Madam.
I give up, you make the most worthless posts on this forum. I never see you contribute, I just see you asking endless questions but never being willing to answer other peoples questions. You are often abusive and difficult, and you think you are brilliant just because you have years on me.

Well feel free to die stupid if you insist, but I'd rather ask potentially stupid questions and get answers.
Old 21-06-2008, 21:34   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

like you said,you only know 1 person who has been in prison, i know many, also people in professions that do know, n i am more willing to take their word than yours, any day of the week.also have been plenty of reports in media (if credible?) over the years.
Old 21-06-2008, 21:48   #75
God Member

Quote:
I give up, you make the most worthless posts on this forum. I never see you contribute, I just see you asking endless questions but never being willing to answer other peoples questions. You are often abusive and difficult, and you think you are brilliant just because you have years on me.

Well feel free to die stupid if you insist, but I'd rather ask potentially stupid questions and get answers.
I've had a better life than only you could dream of.
I despare of youth...especially half educated ones..who think the world owes them a place in life.
You have to earn that place in society and you won't earn it by trying to insult someone who has had more experience than most in dealing with people in all walks of life.
Ask stupid questions all you like, but beware of stupid answers.
Now why don't you have a cup of tea and stop trying to be clever on other threads?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..