Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 21:25   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: National Lottery Good Causes

Yeah good luck Gayle, I hope you get the funding.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2005, 21:35   #17
Member.

I do it twice a week and I don’t have a problem with it. I know that some part of it goes to some worthy cause and that I have at least a chance to win something substantial enough to fulfil my plans, hope and dreams. Even if I never win it still costs me less than a couple of packets of fags and it won’t contribute to an increase risk of cancer….. I would prefer to see a reduction in Camelot’s profits but at the same time business is business and I accept that few would really do it totally profit free, Branson included.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 21:36   #18
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Sorry, I forgot - I've currently got bids in for around £55k for various projects and I'm in the middle of putting together some bids for £120k. Well someone's got to start bringing some serious money back to the borough!
You know you have my best wishes…………..god speed.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 07-11-2005, 21:40   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I do it twice a week and I don’t have a problem with it. I know that some part of it goes to some worthy cause
Good. I shall take up Gayle's kind offer of help in securing funding for my black, lesbian, less abled bodied, morris dancing troupe, and expect not a peep from you, unless you'd like to drive our bus.

Old 07-11-2005, 21:45   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Does anyone actually know anybody who has won a substantial amount on the Lottery?

As far as I can see it's just a tax on poor people, that they choose to pay, rather than have to.

Good luck to them all.
me the asian guy who won the rollover was in my branch of T.G.W.U. at the time,though he worked at the hapton site we had our own branch at the time and alternated the meetings between sites, he had just borrowed me mates garden wheelbarrow the week before- he never got it back. he was a decent guy though.
Old 07-11-2005, 21:53   #21
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Good. I shall take up Gayle's kind offer of help in securing funding for my black, lesbian, less abled bodied, morris dancing troupe, and expect not a peep from you, unless you'd like to drive our bus.
Why not, it’s a right you have open to you. I might be irritating, arrogant and offensive to some but I do believe in equality. We all have the same opportunities so long as you’re prepared to get off you Bum. Am I allowed to say bum?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 07-11-2005, 22:46   #22
Resting in Peace

Gayle for Prime Minister, that's what I say .. making people open their eyes to what is available, and no negatitivety.
I play the lottery ... just a dream, what's wrong with that ?? Still managed to lie on the beach in September, but that due to my retired friends in Spain who kindly invite me every year. (she worked for the Council you see)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 23:09   #23
Give, give, give member

There is nothing wrong with people playing the lottery, it's just that for me the odds of winning are too small. I prefer to bet on shorter odds.

Like I said good luck to all that play, and good luck to the people that benefit from the profits.

Old 08-11-2005, 00:10   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think those who play should at least have some input into the distribution of funds- but i always was an optimist lol
Old 08-11-2005, 00:19   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
think those who play should at least have some input into the distribution of funds- but i always was an optimist lol
I take it thats apposed to the commisions they have at the mo?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..