Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 20:35   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Never to old!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Ooh, I don't know Eric......I must check.
There were two bottles of soft drink in there the last time I looked....a couple of bottles of vitamins(need them to carry the bag around)......a purse full of shrapnel.....a screwdriver, nailfile, clippers.....a couple of cloth shopping bags, a couple of plastic ones, a small cellar of salt.......and other amazing trancklements of daily living.

If anyone ever needs anything while we are out...you can bet your life I have it somewhere in my bag.

No......I don't have a lump hammer in there!
Have you got my tv remote i cant find it
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2011, 22:10   #32
Resting in Peace

You know, I never thought I would be stupid enough to wade into situations like this .. but have found myself doing it on a few occasions.

I don't understand what happens .. sorta Incredible Hulk type metamorphosis takes over in me and adrenalin takes over brain cells.

Did go for a gang of four youths who were trying to steal my car from the car park at work in Manchester.... even fought with one of them to stop them entering, and clinging on the bonnet as they were drove off successfully. Was found later with £4,000 of damage.

Other incidents have been groups of youths throwing snowballs/missiles at my car and have pulled up and chased them through the park or given them a good telling off.

Last month had a word with a couple in Ossy ripping hell out of each other telling them to keep their noises down ... the boy was OK actually ... just kept saying "Well, it's her, not me".

Stupid, stupid, stupid !!! (not bravery) .. just can't help it. Surprised myself.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 22:14   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Watch out Kates about.
Old 08-02-2011, 22:36   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Watch out Kates about.
Honest, Cashy, really don't know what happens .. have never been physically violent (ok, verbally on occasions ). I know now I would have done exactly what this lady did, from my past experiences.

Have thought about taking lessons from my son, who teaches Krav Maga (self defence system), to help me if it happens again... OK, that was a plug ...
Old 08-02-2011, 22:57   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Honest, Cashy, really don't know what happens .. have never been physically violent (ok, verbally on occasions ). I know now I would have done exactly what this lady did, from my past experiences.

Have thought about taking lessons from my son, who teaches Krav Maga (self defence system), to help me if it happens again... OK, that was a plug ...
I call it the "Red Mist" which has descended on me occasionally,as i mentioned earlier, when ive seen people being attacked, but to me this was different circs, this gang was armed n also not attacking me or mine, i honestly do not know, i would hope i wouldn't be stupid enough.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:15   #36
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Have you got my tv remote i cant find it

Have just looked........sorry...not there I'm afraid.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18   #37
Beacon of light

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean Kate....there have been times when himself has had to hold me back.
He tells me I could get stabbed....hit over the head, punched in the mouth.........but I hate wrongdoing...and if on my own I have no doubt about what I would have done..........I would have been faster than Supergran too.....even with my heavy bag.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:55   #38
Resting in Peace

Tee hee, Margaret, can just imagine you ...
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I once helped a lass i saw being banjoed by what turned out to be her boyfriend but the problem was, when i got hold of him to give him the good news SHE attacked me calling me some very unchristian names.Having said that i would probably do the same again. Top marks to the old girl as cashy says brave but a bit daft as well,but its one in the eye for the scumbags
I could say snap there walkinman, when I worked at Martholme Grange, a guy came in one night looking for his girlfriend, when he found her she was dancing with another bloke, he dragged her outside and was knocking seven bells out of her outside the front door, I went to intervene and the woman started clawing at me with her nails shouting leave him alone, I just said carry on and walked away
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:

If you do an impression of the Hulk Kate, I hope you catty a spare blouse in your handbag, and knowing the size of some handbag's you could probably keep it on the hanger so it doesn't crease
Old 09-02-2011, 09:04   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I call it the "Red Mist" which has descended on me occasionally,as i mentioned earlier, when ive seen people being attacked, but to me this was different circs, this gang was armed n also not attacking me or mine, i honestly do not know, i would hope i wouldn't be stupid enough.
Red Mist cashy, Roy Keane suffered from that on a regular basis
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Have just looked........sorry...not there I'm afraid.
Its ok found it in the old favourite down the back of the sofa
Old 09-02-2011, 13:49   #43
God Member

Quote:
Ooh, I don't know Eric......I must check.
There were two bottles of soft drink in there the last time I looked....a couple of bottles of vitamins(need them to carry the bag around)......a purse full of shrapnel.....a screwdriver, nailfile, clippers.....a couple of cloth shopping bags, a couple of plastic ones, a small cellar of salt.......and other amazing trancklements of daily living.

If anyone ever needs anything while we are out...you can bet your life I have it somewhere in my bag.

No......I don't have a lump hammer in there!
Wow ... how big is that thing Bet you couldn't get it through airport security
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 15:17   #44
Beacon of light

Not that big Eric.......it is just soft sided so it accommodates all manner of things.
I emptied it out on the bed earlier today, there was also a sewing kit(with buttons and safety pins) a couple of combs, a magnifying card(the lamps are a bit dim sometimes)......a pair of tweezers, a small pair of scissors. some lip balm and a folding mirror...plus paper hankies.....a couple of pens.....a stub of a pencil......some post it notes.

It would have had a small camera in too...but I had taken it out to put new batteries in it.
Old 09-02-2011, 15:18   #45
Beacon of light

I'm pretty sure I am not the only female to carry around such an assortment.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..