Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2007, 21:48   #16
Resting in peace

Re: New £20 Note

Some bright spark will copy it, I'll give it a fortnight before the phonies appear, these guys are ahead of the game.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2007, 07:53   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Some bright spark will copy it, I'll give it a fortnight before the phonies appear, these guys are ahead of the game.
At least while they are doing that the will leave Scottish notes alone for a while. Dosnt matter how good the B of E gets at making banknotes there will always be someone who will make an excelent forgery and pass it on to the gulliable.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 09:03   #18
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

went to the bank this morning from cash machine and got the new £20 note, it really looks weird!
it does look hard to forge but like Ianto says someone will be able to do it!
Old 15-03-2007, 13:37   #19
I am Banned

Been to the bank today and asked if i could swap my old 20s for new 20s. The lady said yes but was a lil bit suprised when she said how many and i said £500 worth please lol.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 13:53   #20
God Member

Well unless ant Queen Street or Waverley Station I wont see one for a while. Besides they will be treated as forgeries as soon as they cross the border.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 20:58   #21
Accy Goddess

It looks weird and feels odd as well. Rather reminds me of monopoly money.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 21:03   #22
God Member

I got my first one from the bank today - Lloyds on TSB, held it for about two minutes then bought a hunk of beef from the butchers and spent it.

But yes, agree, it feels a bit weird, may be because they're all new they're a bit crunchy.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 22:04   #23
Senior Member+

i got my first 1 today from the bank and i had to look at it twice(me thinking ive been given foreign money)but i quite like them,so if anyone out there doesnt like them i will take them off your hands for free,he he
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 00:03   #24
white rabbits

i got one today.. i dont think its all that bad
Old 19-03-2007, 13:22   #25
Senior Member+

These could actually save me money. I got 3 out of the cash machine yesterday, and they were great, so great infact I didn't want to spend them! (i did though.... oh well!! ) I really like them, are they going to change the 10's and 5's eventually to?
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 14:00   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
At least while they are doing that the will leave Scottish notes alone for a while.
Now that is something that does need to be scrapped. I don't see the point in having them at all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..