Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 18:25   #46
God Member

Re: New Bar In Town

marioexternal_MAPSRV4356834761136.jpeg
Can you see it now?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2005, 18:40   #47
God Member

Yes! It's the same map from the same source. How does your reading of it differ from mine?
Old 09-12-2005, 18:50   #48
God Member

My version shows the boundary running down the middle of the river, as per Tealeaf's assumption. Your's shows the boundary to be a few metres to the South/South-West of the river.

Old 09-12-2005, 19:14   #49
Full Member+

Should have called it the Stink after the river stink! Still there is a VIP opening on Tuesday lunchtime, with a free meal and free drinkies on Wednesday evening... I think my boss has appropriated our offices free tickets.
Old 09-12-2005, 19:14   #50
God Member

The edge of the yellow mask that I applied to the map runs exactly along the middle of the river. The thick blue line which runs from Altham to Whalley Banks I applied to indicate the part of the river/boundry in question to help clarify what I saw as indistinct.

Does this make it any clearer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calder3.jpg (194.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-12-2005, 19:27   #51
God Member

Well, a closer inspection of the maps reveals the shocking truth that the River Calder DOES run through the borough after all...and what is worse...it does so TWICE!!!

It just goes to show, you can't be too careful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calder 5.jpg (173.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-12-2005, 20:27   #52
God Member

No chance of a name change now. I always thought it was only once in Hyndburn.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:02   #53
Resting in Peace

Spuggie the name of the pub was "The Nags Head". Will have to look at the maps when at home as work pc is so firewalled it slows down to much.
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:04   #54

well i take it tonite is the grand opening at the calder!!have a good one whoever attends ,we await your report lol ..and ladies try not to sucumb to any of the points in sara's thread to all drunk women !! its gonna be hard but !!!

Last edited by geoff70; 12-12-2005 at 17:05.
geoff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:14   #55
God Member

Our maps are indeed the same, Acrylic-bob. Forgive my shortsightedness, I mistakenly took your solid blue line to be the course of the river.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:26   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff70
well i take it tonite is the grand opening at the calder!!have a good one whoever attends ,we await your report lol ..and ladies try not to sucumb to any of the points in sara's thread to all drunk women !! its gonna be hard but !!!
You have to see Accy and its ladies at the weekend Geoff its a "unique" sight esspecially the late teens early twenties lot.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 18-12-2005, 07:21   #57
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Had a night out with the girls last night and decided to check out the Calder. It's a lovely pub with big comfy settees and shiny laminate floor, very spacious and clean looking. It was busy as everybody seemed to be giving the Calder a whirl. When we were in there we actually felt like we could have been in another town instead of shabby old Accy.

The only complaint that I have is that they don't do Strongbow neither on draught or bottled so I had to drink wine (a hardship, I know ). We have decided to go and try the food some time and have lunch.

When we left the Calder, the rest of the pubs were just as depressing as I remember them being.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 09:55   #58
Super Moderator

Had a quick shufty in on Saturday lunchtime. Looks OK, but not what I'd call a proper pub.

However, the good news for those of us who prefer a traditional hostelry is that the Nag's Head is now reopen. A cracking little pub once again, populated with proper pub "characters" and totally chav/scally/yob free!
Old 18-12-2005, 13:47   #59
Senior Member+

looks ok.. was kinda empty on friday nite though...
Old 18-12-2005, 17:11   #60
God Member

Sounds like it had a mixed reception but the reopening of the Nags appeals.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..