Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2006, 11:28   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Question New Labour Is Getting Desperate

They must be if Janet Anderson (my MP) sends me a Xmas card. Not a cheapy from an Asda pack of 50 for a pound but one that measures 8 inches by 6 inches of good quality card. No wonder MP’s want a pay and allowance increase.

Especially as my last letter pointing out my objections to NL intending to spend billions on upgrading Trident and even more billions on the ID card instead of the NHS and education ended with “my vote will go elsewhere.”

If NL bribe members of the public with a Xmas card in a puerile attempt to get a vote what are the chances of offering a peerage for cash?
Old 18-12-2006, 20:16   #2
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: New Labour Is Getting Desperate

Just by the way, my elder daughter got a 21st birthday card from Mark Carlisle, who was then our Conservative MP, in 1985. My son was 21 the year after - but he didn't get one. It made no difference in either case - neither of them was a Tory. Makes you wonder what are the criteria for MPs sending cards.
Old 18-12-2006, 23:01   #3
God Member

as desperate as the tories flagship newspapers in the run up to the 1992 elections.. giving out a free daily mail in Mcdonalds.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 23:11   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

none of em send me a card! i wonder why? see jambutty they aint that desparate.
Old 18-12-2006, 23:59   #5
God Member

Jambutty if you have contacted Janet in the past year then she will send you a christmas card.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 00:00   #6
I am Banned

why would an mp want to buy/bribe peoples votes when its cheaper and easier to fix the postal voting system

mind you a few mp's have gone to jail for getting it wrong
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 09:15   #7
God Member

Now I know why my own MP's expense claim was so high. He was sending cards galore and claiming the travel round the constituency to deliver them on his expenses. Mind you having a MP and MSP should mean more cards but sadley I aint had any.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 10:55   #8
Give, give, give member

I got two lovely cards. One from the 'P.C. Brigade' and one from 'Sh*t Stirrers Anonymous'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 14:49   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I got two lovely cards. One from the 'P.C. Brigade' and one from 'Sh*t Stirrers Anonymous'.
Could have been worse. PB might have delivered you one personally.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-12-2006, 15:00   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Could have been worse. PB might have delivered you one personally.

Much to what people might think I have nothing against him personally. Indeed I know a lot of people for whom he's done a great deal, so I would accept it graciously.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 18:20   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Much to what people might think I have nothing against him personally. Indeed I know a lot of people for whom he's done a great deal, so I would accept it graciously.
So he is a good councillor just a crap and useless council leader.

Well it would beat the ones I keep getting from the local church and chapel.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..