Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 13:42   #1
Senior Member+

New NHS Dentist

There will be three new NHS dentist staring up at Accrington Victoria Hospital in the spring, you can phone now to go on the list,and you will recieve a letter from them in a couple of months.

Telephone the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Primary Care Trust on, 380400.
Old 06-01-2005, 13:50   #2
Beacon of light

Re: New NHS Dentist

Thanks for that Janet.....I have not seen a dentist for 40years(shameful...I know, but I am phobic about dentists) and thought that I would probably never get on an NHS list.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 13:51   #3
Beacon of light

If there is anyone out there who wants to hold my hand.........?
Old 06-01-2005, 13:53   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
There will be three new NHS dentist staring up at Accrington Victoria Hospital in the spring, you can phone now to go on the list,and you will recieve a letter from them in a couple of months.

Telephone the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Primary Care Trust on, 380400.
Never mind phoning, lets get the sleeping bags out & get to the beginning of the queue!
Attached Images
File Type: gif bigrin1.gif (1.1 KB, 118 views)
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 13:59   #5
mez
God Member

i will margaret im the same let me know when & where
Old 06-01-2005, 14:11   #6
Resting in Peace

im with you Margaret i hate dentists ever since as a child i went to get 1 taken out which was hurting but he took 8 out . and he really hurt
i have never trusted 1 since .
I always wait till i have toothach to see 1 i just ring NHS DIRECT and they make me a appointment at blackburn primary care the dentist there is not to bad as dentists go ...
but i would not go if i dont need to

Last edited by Mick; 06-01-2005 at 14:15.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 16:58   #7
God Member

All I can say is OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! (( NO DENTISTS FOR ME PLEASE I AM WITH YOU ALL))))
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 17:03   #8
Beacon of light

Oooh I thought it was only me who was phobic about dentists.......and my dental health is VERY POOR. Mine all stems back to the dental clinic on Cannon Street in Accrington......where you were sent from school......I was once held down by two very meaty dental nurses while the dentist filled a tooth and he drilled into a nerve,If I ever have nightmares there is alway a dentist in them.
Old 06-01-2005, 17:03   #9
Resident Waffler

If you actually see a dentist on a regular basis it eliminates the "OUCH!"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 17:05   #10
Beacon of light

I used to wonder if either of those dental nurses had children.... and if they had, would they like them to be held down the way they held me down.....if it happened today I suppose I could sue...... but it is almost 50 years ago now.
Old 06-01-2005, 17:10   #11
mez
God Member

ooo margret i was in the same position as you oo my i thought i was the only one , when i got home mum then decided NOT to let me go to clinic & we went to burys(now antley villas dentist) he was a shade better. still i did once concer my fear & went very regular, but now cant get a, NHS one so will give this new lot a go mmmm see you in the queue happen margret.
Old 06-01-2005, 17:13   #12
Resident Waffler

I think those nightmares are a thing of the past. It's no wonder they put people off in the past but my dentist is brilliant. He's excellent with children and totally painless.

I still believe that prevention is better than cure, looking after your teeth, proper cleaning and regular check ups to avoid problems. I do have one problem with a broken tooth thanks to a certain pheasant and a bit of lead shot but that's another story. Anytime it causes me a problem I just go back and get it fixed again.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 17:18   #13
Beacon of light

I have always looked after my teeth well...... but age seems to have taken over....shrunken gums and enamel weakened and a few broken teeth...... which believe it or not I filed down with a diamond nail file because I was to scared to go to the dentist. And yes, times may have changed, but I only have to see the dentists chair and I faint.
Old 06-01-2005, 17:19   #14
Beacon of light

I am truly ashamed of myself......I would rather have a baby than go to the dentist.
Old 06-01-2005, 18:05   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I am truly ashamed of myself......I would rather have a baby than go to the dentist.
The old joke for dentist's is......Well madam please make your mind up, because I'll have to alter the position of the chair!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..