Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2008, 02:24   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: New President......the Winner Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Crimes are committed by every race of person as well. And I am aware of more crimes committed by white people than black people in America. Perhaps I am a little misled by the media but the only black person that comes to mind when I think of American crimes is the obvious... OJ.

Dare I point out that many American criminologists are quick on the mark to point out there are over 3 times the number of white American serial killers in comparison to black american figures?

All you need to do is google American crime figures and many websites point to the statistics.

Ed Gein, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Berkowitz, Albert Fish....

Oh yes, and let's not forget George W. Bush himself...

Ah I pushed it a little too far. Though then I get onto high school shootings and we have a field day; Asa Coon, Brenda Ann Spencer, Luke Woodham, Andrew Golden and Mitchell Johnson, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.... have I said enough yet?

Racist stereotypes exist and I might not be able to change every single persons mind on them, but let's not ignore how many brutal and socially destructive crimes are carried out by your white citizens.
Not quite sure what you mean by"my white citizens" I've only got the one and she was quite dark when she was born.Picked up now though.
Perhaps you could look up all the knife related stats. in London and let us all know the outcome.
I'm not anti colour - race - or - religion.But I am anti killing people or causing grief or harm to them. I'm quite tender really

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 26-10-2008 at 02:28.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2008, 04:35   #17
God Member

Quote:

Racist stereotypes exist and I might not be able to change every single persons mind on them, but let's not ignore how many brutal and socially destructive crimes are carried out by your white citizens.
blazey , check the link Homicides in Oakland 2007/2008 for my local area , I live about 4 miles to the south of this , to date October 25, 2008 , 110 dead , but you can be sure for every death there were at least another 10 maimed and wounded and we haven't got to the holiday season yet .
A link is available from the above showing the deaths across the bridge in San Francisco , the locations in both places where all these " socially destructive crimes" take place are areas where "white citizens" DON'T live.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 09:04   #18
God Member

Quote:
God help us if you think America is free of firearms, drug use and under age sex under Bush. Lots of leaders make mistakes and have bad beliefs, regardless of their colour. I think it would be quite naive to say that every black person in the world must be incapable of leadership.
True. And in the case of Africa, we have to take into account the legacy of colonialism. If one wants to find the root of the problems in, say, the Congo, one should read the history of the brutality of Belgian colonialism. Or Conrad's "Heart of Darkness."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 10:50   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
blazey , check the link Homicides in Oakland 2007/2008 for my local area , I live about 4 miles to the south of this , to date October 25, 2008 , 110 dead , but you can be sure for every death there were at least another 10 maimed and wounded and we haven't got to the holiday season yet .
A link is available from the above showing the deaths across the bridge in San Francisco , the locations in both places where all these " socially destructive crimes" take place are areas where "white citizens" DON'T live.
Would I be naive to take a shot in the dark and assume those areas are the poorer areas ?

Seriously colour doesn't make a sodding difference, culture, circumstances and a million and one other things to, but colour of the skin ? Are you kidding me...
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 12:12   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
So I take it that you have a clue about what is wrong with the world.
It'd be fair enough to misunderstand my post but to just make something up is really quite strange.

Let's have a look at what I said... "It's only people that haven't got a clue about the election over there..."

So you have made the most gigantic inductive leap known to man and asserted that I think I know 'what is wrong with the world' because I have an interest in the US election. Very strange indeed.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 19:00   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It'd be fair enough to misunderstand my post but to just make something up is really quite strange.

Let's have a look at what I said... "It's only people that haven't got a clue about the election over there..."

So you have made the most gigantic inductive leap known to man and asserted that I think I know 'what is wrong with the world' because I have an interest in the US election. Very strange indeed.
Not really because I know very little about the American election.
But I do know when not to call someone a cheat and when not to urge people not to accept the result of a democratic process.

Old 26-10-2008, 19:18   #22
God Member

Quote:
But I do know when not to call someone a cheat and when not to urge people not to accept the result of a democratic process.
Clearly not.
Old 26-10-2008, 19:26   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
If the Republicans pull the same cheating stunt as in the last election then they will win. That's the only possible way. If Obama is not elected, I sincerely hope that the American public are not stupid enough to believe and accept the result. It will be an utter tragedy if John McCain is elected.
What did they do last election?
Old 26-10-2008, 19:48   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
What did they do last election?
They won. The Eagles didn't get their votes in on time.

Last edited by Benipete; 26-10-2008 at 19:51.
Old 26-10-2008, 22:15   #25
God Member

Quote:
They won. The Eagles didn't get their votes in on time.
Exactly. Moving the goalposts.
Old 26-10-2008, 23:20   #26
God Member

Oh, are some candidates not allowed to win?
Old 26-10-2008, 23:24   #27
God Member

Of course they are all allowed to win, provided everyone who is eligible to vote is allowed to.

And of course it helps if the vote counters can actually count.

Last edited by shakermaker; 26-10-2008 at 23:29. Reason: sp
Old 26-10-2008, 23:26   #28
God Member

I do think more expansion is needed!
Old 26-10-2008, 23:30   #29
God Member

This might clarify matters
Campaigns and Elections: Issues ... - Google Book Search

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 23:39   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The last election was 2004. 2000 is another story.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..