Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2007, 11:18   #16
God Member

Re: New Skoda Advert

I think its a brilliant ad really well thought up.. thought they would have donated it to worthy cause....
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-06-2007, 21:44   #17
Senior Member+

And the remaining question - what happened to the cake? Barker says they looked at donating it to charity, but by the time the cake had been in the studio and under the lights during construction it was not thought fit for human consumption. It ended up in a compost heap - though the chocolate speedometer and marzipan wing mirrors were, reportedly, kept for posterity.

This is an enormous amount of trouble to go to for an advert - some estimates say that it cost £500,000 to make; one newspaper pointed out the comparative value of a Skoda (the advert costs 62 times as much).

BBC NEWS | Magazine | No piece of cake
Old 05-06-2007, 06:30   #18

how much energie did it waste making this cake
Old 06-07-2007, 07:30   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Having friends and family that are Jehovas Witnesses I find that an offensive post.
It just shows you to be religiously intolerant towards others beliefs.
It also shows you have no idea about current car build quality as Skoda now make excellent cars.
May of been enough there to feed the 5000 though
wickerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:38   #20
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

heres the website showing you how much stuff they used, reportedly costing around £500.000 to make!!!scared0011.gif, think how many real cars you could have had for that!!

How to bake a car: the amazing story behind Skoda's new TV ad | the Daily Mail
Old 06-07-2007, 13:52   #21

I was on my way to work this morning when I had an accident with a Skoda. Am not happy. I'm full of jam, cream and jelly.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 20:16   #22
Resident Waffler

You've got to think of this £500,000 cake in comparison to the cost of other ads - things filmed on location in exotic places for example.

Incidentally I'm puzzled that they used the gone off cake as compost. I was always told that cooked food cannot be composted and that it only serves to attract vermin.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 20:22   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

who honestly gives a rats? its a great advert,love it, couldnt careless how much it cost or who eats the thing.
Old 06-07-2007, 22:14   #24
Resident Waffler

I love that wobbly jelly rear light.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..