Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2010, 18:11   #1
Senior Member+

NHS Doctors blaimed as hospital death rate soars!

I was shocked to read this:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Bungling doctors blamed as hospital death rates soar

It seems Doctors/GP's are untouchable and can get away with murder - well almost!

I recently had tests and was caused a lot of pain by one Doctor at the hospital. When I asked my GP for a 2nd opinion at another hospital the Doctor gave me a very simple test relatively painless that answered my question and gave me a diagnosis. But the previous Doctor didn't do this test - I wonder why?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2010, 11:26   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: NHS Doctors blaimed as hospital death rate soars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I was shocked to read this:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Bungling doctors blamed as hospital death rates soar

It seems Doctors/GP's are untouchable and can get away with murder - well almost!

I recently had tests and was caused a lot of pain by one Doctor at the hospital. When I asked my GP for a 2nd opinion at another hospital the Doctor gave me a very simple test relatively painless that answered my question and gave me a diagnosis. But the previous Doctor didn't do this test - I wonder why?
It's a well known fact that doctors bury their mistakes.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:36   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
It's a well known fact that doctors bury their mistakes.
It is assumed because they spent 8 years studying that they know what's best for a patient - they don't. Most GP's are a bit ecentric in some way or another.

I had one GP tell me that Co-codamol should not be taken with a condition I have. Then another GP, a locum - contradicted that GP and issued me with Co-codamol on a prescription and when I told him what she had said, he shrugged it off. Another drug I was prescribed by the other GP - the locum told me that was bad for the heart! So 2 contradictions by 2 GP's in the same practice.

Another GP at the same place when I asked about a condition I was told to look on the Internet! When research was done recently that concluded that looking on the Internet for self-diagnosis is a dangerous. On another occasion he refused to examine my throat and said "come back in 6 weeks if you are still in pain!"

Last edited by kestrelx; 01-12-2010 at 11:43.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:36   #4
God Member

We have a generation of doctors who were attracted to the profession by high salaries.
I have a nephew who is an anaesthatist who said he chose that speciality because 'I prefer my patients to be unconcious'.

I don't use the NHS except to get chiropody.
I consider that my health is safer that way.
There are 'alternative' health ways to a cure.
Most pharma drugs just mask symptoms but don't cure.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 17:53   #5
Resting in Peace

Re: NHS Doctors blamed as hospital death rate soars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
We have a generation of doctors who were attracted to the profession by high salaries.
I have a nephew who is an anaesthatist who said he chose that speciality because 'I prefer my patients to be unconcious'.

I don't use the NHS except to get chiropody.
I consider that my health is safer that way.
There are 'alternative' health ways to a cure.
Most pharma drugs just mask symptoms but don't cure.
Thanks Margaret I'll stop all mine right away, the funeral will probably be a week next Friday, I like roses, hope you can make it
Old 01-12-2010, 18:13   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thanks Margaret I'll stop all mine right away, the funeral will probably be a week next Friday, I like roses, hope you can make it
I never suggested that you (or anyone else) try it
....30years ago maybe, but now too late to switch methods

It is a difficult decision to make to take the responsibilty for your own health.
When i did, it was because the NHS didn't help me - I had no alternative.

Last edited by MargaretR; 01-12-2010 at 18:21.
Old 01-12-2010, 18:23   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I never suggested that you (or anyone else) try it
....30years ago maybe, but now too late to switch methods

It is a difficult decision to make to take the responsibilty for your own health.
When i did, it was because the NHS didn't help me.
As I've said before never seen any organic remedies which can quell an acute asthma attack, one of these can kill within minutes
Old 01-12-2010, 18:29   #8
God Member

I am reading this book at the moment.
Amazon.co.uk:

There are some youtube videos made by the author (a former asthmatic Ventolyn user).
It is easing my breathing problems, might help yours

Old 01-12-2010, 18:35   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I am reading this book at the moment.
Amazon.co.uk:

There are some youtube videos made by the author (a former asthmatic Ventolyn user).
It is easing my breathing problems, might help yours
Read the book Margaret, will only work with true asthmatics over a period of time, i.e. weening of Ventolin, sadly I'm not a true asthmatic, I suffered from Chronic bronchial Asthma, but it now advanced to COPD, in other words mi lungs are knackered

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..