Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2013, 10:25   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Nice job if you can get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
So while he is away, sunning himself how is he supposed to do parliamentary and constituency business? with a Rum punch maybe?

Strikes of double standards, if he were a Tory Mp there would be all hell to pay, remember Nadine Dorries anyone.....
Quite agree BG, and there are also his LCC commitments, and also his £10K advisory payment.
Only recently Sir Ken stated that GJ deserved a higher salary because he put every possible hour into his parliamentary and constituency work - yet now he finds time off from that and his advisory work to go on a junket to the West Indies
Boeing Guy and BERNADETTE like this.
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2013, 11:37   #17
God Member

what i want to know is what these three mp's are expected to do in return for this holiday because although no cost to the tax payer has occured iv yet to hear a story where a MP gets something for free and dosnt have to do a favour in return.

no such thing as a free lunch as the saying goes

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 13:56   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Quite agree BG, and there are also his LCC commitments, and also his £10K advisory payment.
Only recently Sir Ken stated that GJ deserved a higher salary because he put every possible hour into his parliamentary and constituency work - yet now he finds time off from that and his advisory work to go on a junket to the West Indies

iv always been under the impression that parliament shuts down at a certain time of the year to allow mps to get holidays etc out of the way so that they can get on with parliamentary duties uninterupted

it dosnt look good that in a week where labour council HBC send out letters telling a hell of a lot of people they are going to face even more financial hardship and worry because their rent and council tax allowance is going to be cut our labour MP is sunning himself in jamaica .

HBC lines have been jammed today and i dare say a few have been trying to get in touch with their local MP for help also.

as to be balanced theres two torys out there doing the same

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 18-03-2013 at 14:01.
Old 18-03-2013, 17:23   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

as to be balanced theres two torys out there doing the same
The two Tories aren't our MP
jaysay likes this.
Old 18-03-2013, 18:17   #20
God Member

Quote:
The two Tories aren't our MP
i know but would hate to be seen as been selective

mind you its amazing isnt it how you cant get the two partys to work together instead of bickering to make this country better but they can work together when it serves themselves .Like grabbing a freebi for example

Old 18-03-2013, 18:32   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i know but would hate to be seen as been selective

mind you its amazing isnt it how you cant get the two partys to work together instead of bickering to make this country better but they can work together when it serves themselves .Like grabbing a freebi for example
Oh they'll have been arguing out there in the sun accyman, about who's turn it was to go and get the free drink
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 20:26   #22
God Member

if the police havnt to take freebies as it could be seen as making them appear bought or impartial maybe polititions shouldnt take freebies as part of their job also

Old 19-03-2013, 06:16   #23
JFT96

Agreed, but we are dealing with a bunch of crooks, almost all are on the take.

Remember the MP's expenses scandal? The information was leaked, the MP's did their upmost to stop it.
If there had been press regulation the Telegraph would never been able to print it.

Shower of ....... Comes to mind

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 06:37   #24
Common Sense Member

Quote:
I don't think I did, actually.

I believe I stated that I don't blame MPs for finding work beyond their life in parliament and that even though their salary is tasty by average northern standards I still wouldn't have their life.

There is very little personal time as an MP, even in recess.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 06:39   #25
Common Sense Member

Quote:
HBC lines have been jammed today
No they weren't, there was an internal fault with the switchboard which has now been rectified.

Old 19-03-2013, 08:28   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
No they weren't, there was an internal fault with the switchboard which has now been rectified.
There was no internal fault when my Granddaughter rang last week, maybe if HBC got things right in the first place they wouldn't get so many flaming phone calls
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 08:46   #27
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There was no internal fault when my Granddaughter rang last week, maybe if HBC got things right in the first place they wouldn't get so many flaming phone calls
Internal fault with the switchboard.....yesterday.

We don't get many complaints about the Council itself actually.

Old 19-03-2013, 08:50   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Internal fault with the switchboard.....yesterday.

We don't get many complaints about the Council itself actually.
An internal fault - or deliberate finger trouble so that the complainants give up trying to get through?
Old 19-03-2013, 08:52   #29
Common Sense Member

Quote:
An internal fault - or deliberate finger trouble so that the complainants give up trying to get through?
Why would we do that Barrie? What possible good could come of that?

Old 19-03-2013, 09:28   #30
JCB

Quote:

There is very little personal time as an MP, even in recess.
If you had been the M.P. would you have gone on the trip to Jamaica if you were given the chance ?
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..