Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2007, 10:34   #1
God Member

NiQuitin cq smoking patches

recently ive had trouble with my asthma so ive cut down a lot on my smoking(not had one for 5 days), ive been using nicotinell patches(the skin coloured ones) and have been fine off them

yesterday i was given some NiQuitin patches, the clear 21mg ones...i put one on this morning and it nearly burnt my shoulder off, within 5 minutes of me putting it on my asthma was playing up again and i started coughing, and now have a red patch which burns on my shoulder,and it sent me dizzy(er) so i took it off

has anyone else experienced this from the NiQuitin ones?
Old 13-07-2007, 10:41   #2

Re: NiQuitin cq smoking patches

sorry but cant help there

however - found a website with help to quit smoking cheaply

Stop Smoking: The no-buts MoneySaving guide...
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 10:43   #3
God Member

cheers mrj
Old 13-07-2007, 11:37   #4
God Member

I quit smoking for 8 months about 2 years ago. My doc tried me first with Nicotinell patches which didn't work for me because they weren't 24 hour effective, (I could get through 5 fags 1st thing in the morning before the day's patch started to work) I went on to 24 hour Niquitin which worked. I had to persevere through many long weeks weaning down from the strongest to the weakest patch, and both types of patch made me itch and blotch.

I returned to smoking during a bad patch of pain - I dont think the craving ever leaves (so I'm told by people who have'n't restarted)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 12:02   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hope ya make it flashy,i have tried em all differant streangths etc, pills,gum, microdot tabs,gotta stop typing now i need a fag.
Old 13-07-2007, 15:29   #6
God Member

lol i'm only doing it cos of my asthma, that one this morning really burnt though
Old 13-07-2007, 17:33   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I know a cheap way to give up!
just dont buy them, i never used nowt and gave up from 20 a day to none, and its been nearly 7 years
Old 13-07-2007, 17:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I know a cheap way to give up!
just dont buy them, i never used nowt and gave up from 20 a day to none, and its been nearly 7 years
Same here Panther gave up 20 years ago from 20 a day, then started again in 1999 during a particularly stressful event (very long story may tell it one day) but gave up again 4 years ago from 10 a day
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 17:48   #9
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

good for you stanaccy
its easy int it:P
Old 13-07-2007, 18:01   #10

It's all about how much you really want to do it I think, (presume you agree Panther)

One really good incentive is if you smoke 20 a day you are burning £150 a month (or £1,800 a year ).

So don't tell me smokers can't save
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 19:17   #11
Senior Member+

Get the patches changed, you maybe allergic to the material the patches are made of, or the strength maybe wrong. I would go back to the Doc's/cessation clinic that prescribed them and have a word.
Old 13-07-2007, 19:57   #12
God Member

thankyou lindsay, thats the most sense ive heard outta this thread all day
Old 13-07-2007, 19:59   #13
Senior Member+

my friend was on the same ones as you flashy,she got them changed to the 16hr patches because the clear patches left a red sore square on her shoulder,and she couldnt get to sleep at night,ask for the 16hr patches i think they are a lower stength but im not sure
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 20:02   #14
God Member

cheers for that jacky, yeah these are the 24hr one's but ive never worn one for bed, and they do the exact same to me, my arms still burning and i took it off at 11.30 this morning
Old 13-07-2007, 20:03   #15
Beacon of light

Well done for trying Flashy......keep up the good work, it will be worth it in the end.
Well done to Stanaccy and Panther for having the fortitude to quit without recourse to aids.....you have both done well.

My hubby gave up smoking 20 years ago...there was nothing much in the way of help then......unless you call a cigarette holder with a dummy ciggie in it an aid.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..