Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2007, 13:10   #16
God Member

Re: No Canvassers!

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact...page33797.html

Might be of some use or help.

And how they work it and why

http://www.unlockthegame.com/#1

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2007, 13:14   #17
God Member

Just had a quick read Spug, that's more your legal standing if you buy something from a cold caller
Old 22-02-2007, 13:17   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Just had a quick read Spug, that's more your legal standing if you buy something from a cold caller
Sorry thought it would have been more helpful.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-02-2007, 13:19   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Sorry thought it would have been more helpful.
Cheers for trying
Old 22-02-2007, 13:19   #20
God Member

Now how about this for a little war considering people wanting an extention to cold calling no tolerence zones.

Traders attack ban on cold calling

By Tom Harper, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 1:07am GMT 11/02/2007

Charities and door-to-door sales companies fear that plans to extend a scheme -targeting cold callers will devastate their operations.
In two years, police, councils and community groups have established more than 1,000 "No Cold Calling Zones" (NCCZ), which ban businesses from randomly targeting potential customers at home.
The scheme has reduced "distraction thefts" where rogue traders and thieves -target the old and vulnerable on their doorsteps. Last year, more than 12,000 incidents of "distraction theft", such as thieves posing as meter readers or council officials, were reported. But police believe the true figure may be as high as 130,000.
advertisement

Crime rates have plunged in areas with NCCZs. In one part of Luton, Bedfordshire, burglaries have dropped by 80 per cent. In Bedfordshire as a whole, "distraction theft" has dropped by more than a quarter and burglary is down 21 per cent. Similar patterns have emerged in Guildford, Cambridgeshire and West Yorkshire. Hazel Harding, the chairman of the Local Government Association's safer communities board, said: "Most cold callers are nothing more than a nuisance but a small number pose a serious threat, especially to older people. Thanks to the support of councils, police and local people, these areas are now a great deal safer."
A spokesman for Help the Aged said the NCCZs had made a great difference to old people's quality of life."
But critics say the bans unfairly target legitimate businesses. Richard Berry, the director of the Direct Selling Association, said: "We are as keen as anyone to rid the country of rogue traders but our 350,000 members generate £2 billion a year."
Andrea Slater, the president of Avon Cosmetics, which has more than 100,000 door-to-door sales people in the UK, said: "People should be given advice to deal with rogue traders but a blanket ban will threaten our business.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-02-2007, 13:22   #21
I am Banned

Well im sure if people want something they'll find a way of getting it themselves!! Avon have a website as do many other 'legit' companies, do we really need to have pressurised sales at our door
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 13:23   #22
God Member

Quote:
Andrea Slater, the president of Avon Cosmetics, which has more than 100,000 door-to-door sales people in the UK, said: "People should be given advice to deal with rogue traders but a blanket ban will threaten our business.
........ But we'll be able to have peace and quiet and not get disturbed by these un-wanted door knockers.
Old 22-02-2007, 13:25   #23
I am Banned

Im all for a ban on it - so bring it on peace at last
Old 22-02-2007, 13:26   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
........ But we'll be able to have peace and quiet and not get disturbed by these un-wanted door knockers.
And no criminal record for bashing the bums either.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-02-2007, 13:30   #25
white rabbits

That reminds me of a sign i once saw in a window ,,It said !!!!NEVER MIND THE DOG BEWARE OF THE WIFE!!!!!
Old 22-02-2007, 13:34   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
That reminds me of a sign i once saw in a window ,,It said !!!!NEVER MIND THE DOG BEWARE OF THE WIFE!!!!!
hehehehehehe thats a good one
Old 22-02-2007, 13:35   #27
I am Banned

Ooh tinks does Trevor count in this
Old 22-02-2007, 20:08   #28
God Member

The area around Moorhead, I think a ban on cold calling was brought in because there's a high percentage of pensioners and they were targetted a couple of years ago. Not sure how it was sorted whether through neighbourhood watch scheme but does seem to work.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 20:21   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
Charities and door-to-door sales companies fear that plans to extend a scheme -targeting cold callers will devastate their operations.
good

if i wanted to donate to charity i would and i dont see why they shoud be allowed to annoy people just because they are a charity , its bad enough having tins shoot at you in doorways which incidently is illigal

i do give to charity but i do it on my own terms and to who i choose and when i choose
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 23:35   #30

We've had two this week already trying to sell double glazing. Not really had many before and suddenly two in a week. NOT funny when youre working shifts.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..