Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2007, 19:39   #1
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Not Happy........ split thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
oh sorry we cant talk about other ethnic groups being racist can we? well its a fact, and it happens
You can't talk about any other group even if they are legally invading our country and taking all the jobs for less money and so on and so on.......

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2007, 21:18   #2
God Member

Re: Question for the Mods

I've always thought it's pretty clear that supporters of the BNP are no different from supporters of the Nazi party.
Still, that's only my opinion and I would never want to stop people having their opinion. Even if it is a facist one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
You can't talk about any other group even if they are legally invading our country and taking all the jobs for less money and so on and so on.......
Ignorance breeds hate Bagpuss.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 22:46   #3
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Ignorance breeds hate Bagpuss.
It's not ignorance as I've said before in other threads I am just using my own observations to come to my conclusion. To anyone who thinks that its good for the influx of eastern europeans currently arriving in our country needs to open their eyes.
My workplace earlier this year made 50 local people redundant stating loss of business, after they left the jobs reappeared and where filled by Polish workers doing the jobs for less money an hour. Ok you might say at least the new workers will be helping the local economy, wrong, these workers are bused in from Halifax every morning and don't spend a penny in local shops.
This is happening up and down the country nearly every delivery wagon that we get has an eastern european driver, has anyone had trouble getting a council house lately, try it and see what I mean. Local school St Annes can't cope because of the amount of Poles trying to get places in the school, if you want one for your local kids forget it.
Try registering for work at a local jobs agency if you're English you have no chance. My friend tested this out by trying to enrol at one, his first phone call he said he was called Taylor and lived in Accrington, he was told the books where full. Next day he rang again using a different voice and used the name Patel, he was again told the books where full but try again next week. His third call he used Saganowski and to his surprise he was told two local firms where recruiting and could he come and have an interview. I didn't believe this story until I listened to his recorded phone calls, this to me was enough evidence as to why we should close the borders to the eastern europeans now, so Shaker please do not tell me Im ignorant on this subject as I have heard and seen plenty of evidence.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 14-07-2007, 22:53   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
It's not ignorance as I've said before in other threads I am just using my own observations to come to my conclusion. To anyone who thinks that its good for the influx of eastern europeans currently arriving in our country needs to open their eyes.
My workplace earlier this year made 50 local people redundant stating loss of business, after they left the jobs reappeared and where filled by Polish workers doing the jobs for less money an hour. Ok you might say at least the new workers will be helping the local economy, wrong, these workers are bused in from Halifax every morning and don't spend a penny in local shops.
This is happening up and down the country nearly every delivery wagon that we get has an eastern european driver, has anyone had trouble getting a council house lately, try it and see what I mean. Local school St Annes can't cope because of the amount of Poles trying to get places in the school, if you want one for your local kids forget it.
Try registering for work at a local jobs agency if you're English you have no chance. My friend tested this out by trying to enrol at one, his first phone call he said he was called Taylor and lived in Accrington, he was told the books where full. Next day he rang again using a different voice and used the name Patel, he was again told the books where full but try again next week. His third call he used Saganowski and to his surprise he was told two local firms where recruiting and could he come and have an interview. I didn't believe this story until I listened to his recorded phone calls, this to me was enough evidence as to why we should close the borders to the eastern europeans now, so Shaker please do not tell me Im ignorant on this subject as I have heard and seen plenty of evidence.
The 'evidence' is particularly biased though dont you think?

If more English workers weren't lazy arses & slogged their guts out for their cash like the Poles do, then there wouldn't be any need to bring them all in would there?
Businesses will also want the Poles as they have no belonging to the compo culture that the English are massive fans of these days.

Businesses have done similar things for decades to make the most profit out of what they have, it isn't a new thing.
Old 14-07-2007, 23:03   #5
Accy Red

Quote:
If more English workers weren't lazy arses & slogged their guts out for their cash like the Poles do, then there wouldn't be any need to bring them all in would there?
You arsehole to be blunt, I lost some good mates who where damn good workers not lazy arses as you say. They lost their jobs because of one reason the Poles where doing the job for less than the minimal wage, never did the management say if people would take a pay cut they could keep their jobs, come on open your eyes.

Old 14-07-2007, 23:05   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not with you at all on this shaker,my late wifes nephew did not get his usual(winter job) back cos of this problem, sure theres lazy gits, but there is everywhere, n a lot of hard working people are struggling to get employment nowadays, also the "free speech" is a grey area, do you think its ok for these radicals to preach their hatred of infidels n such like,cos i certainly do not.
Old 14-07-2007, 23:17   #7
God Member

I apologize for the lazy arses statement. It was out of order.
But I stand by my point about the compo culture.
It's not right that hard working people lose jobs because the Poles will work for less money, but what would you do in the business' position? You have to get the most work out of your staff for the least amount of expenditure.
On the grand scheme of things the companys have to do what's right for business.
Old 14-07-2007, 23:20   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
also the "free speech" is a grey area, do you think its ok for these radicals to preach their hatred of infidels n such like,cos i certainly do not.
Surely people can use common sense to judge between having views on things and radicalising people though Cashy?
Old 14-07-2007, 23:20   #9
Give, give, give member

Just a question?

If people are being laid off, and other workers are taking their jobs and working for less money, are they on less than the minimum wage, and if not, why aren't those employers being prosecuted?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 23:22   #10

Whatever happened to the power of the unions?

Oh yeah Maggie crushed/battoned them in the 80's. This would never happen if the unions were taken notice of.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 23:24   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
Whatever happened to the power of the unions?

Oh yeah Maggie crushed/battoned them in the 80's. This would never happen if the unions were taken notice of.
True, but if the country was still run by the unions, the Poles, or anyone else wouldn't want to come and work here anyway.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 23:24   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Just a question?

If people are being laid off, and other workers are taking their jobs and working for less money, are they on less than the minimum wage, and if not, why aren't those employers being prosecuted?
Is there not a law stating 100 days between redundancies and re-employment?
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 23:26   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Surely people can use common sense to judge between having views on things and radicalising people though Cashy?
thats why i say its a grey area, you cant really say i believe in free speech anymore, even though you do. commonsense and the powers that be do not sit well together in my view.
Old 14-07-2007, 23:27   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
True, but if the country was still run by the unions, the Poles, or anyone else wouldn't want to come and work here anyway.
and that would be a shame.
Old 14-07-2007, 23:40   #15
Resident Waffler

There was a situation down in East Anglia where people who could not speak Polish were not being considered for jobs because the person in charge was Polish and the other workers are Polish so applicants were told if they couldn't speak Polish they wouldn't understand instructions. It's understandable that things like that cause resentment amongst locals.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..