Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2005, 22:10   #1

Ntl...

NTL offered me a great deal on my phone line and internet connection. Being so naive I took it only to find that my bill gets higher every month. I know its not phone calls. Whats that all about?
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2005, 22:27   #2
God Member

Re: Ntl...

Sorry Steph but that's NTL for you, a law of their own, You will never get a straight answer out of them either!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 22:34   #3
I am Banned

ive recently left ntl after 5 years with them

bulldog 8mb internet and phoneline £30 a month
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 22:39   #4

Another rip off lot are One Tel. Phone bill went thru roof & cheeky sods tried to charge me for two months internet connection after I had cancelled. Been with Carphone Warehouse Talk Talk & halfed bills even with a business line. Never had a problem since the start + calls between customers are free anytime.
Old 24-06-2005, 22:41   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

somebody from them came to our door canvassing a couple of nights ago- i said not bothered what my phone bill is i can afford it and can't be bothered to save money-utter crap but it gets rid of em lol
Old 27-06-2005, 08:56   #6
Senior Member+

We had one of those gas companies on our doorstep the other day, canvassing for business. We told them that we were in the process of transferring it to another company, and he totally surprised us by telling us that the company we were going to couldn't be beaten!

We were stunned!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 09:55   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
We had one of those gas companies on our doorstep the other day, canvassing for business. We told them that we were in the process of transferring it to another company, and he totally surprised us by telling us that the company we were going to couldn't be beaten!

We were stunned!
Whos the company you are moving to who cant be beaten then let us all in on it!
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 11:21   #8
Senior Member+

The Utility Warehouse.

They do phones and other things as well, plus if you get your friends and family involved on the telephone side of things, all calls between you are free.

I think Talk Talk do the same sort of thing.

PM me if you want a contact number.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 13:45   #9

Well i give up with the whole money saving thing. It never works for me
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 16:58   #10
Resident Waffler

I know what you mean there Steph. Everytime I've changed gas/electricity/phone whatever the cheaper bills don't last very long then I seem to end up worse off than ever before.

I've been on AOL for ages. A lot of people knock it but there were a few things I felt were in it's favour, one being the free helpline. I also enjoy the live quizzes in specially designated chatrooms. However, in a move quite out of character, we are about to defect.

Since Busman moved into the same house and we have 3 PC's here now (mine, his and the kids') we decided that networking was the only solution to all of us getting online (the kids can fight it out between themselves for their PC) We've tried to get sense out of AOL as to what equipment they recommend and also tried to get sense out of providers of such equipment but as soon as you mention AOL there is a sharp intake of breath. Even so we were determined not to be deterred.

However, now it seems that as of July 1st they are going to start charging for the helplines and since they outsourced them to India and it's difficult to make yourself understood never mind understand their replies those calls can end up dragging on and on. So that swung the balance a little further away from AOL. If the only things now in its favour are the quizzes I think I can learn to live without them.

We're defecting to Bulldog, full package, broadband, network and phone line with unlimited landline calls anytime. (Even cheaoper rates to mobiles and abroad). Of course we'll have to experience it to know if it's really worth it but it sounds good.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 22:41   #11

Vorlon,
The system you are on about is Talk talk. Bet you mean Carphone Warehouse as my link above. Every company that rings me re phone lines put the phone down when I tell them I am signed with them. They are confident enough to put up a £1000.00 bond that they can't be beaten-my bills havent been better since joining them + free phone calls for subscriber to subscriber.
Old 28-06-2005, 06:59   #12
God Member

Willow, If you want a hand with sorting out teh network give me a shout, I'll tell you what you need etc and pop round to show you how to set it al up.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 07:01   #13
Resident Waffler

Thanks Ian. We haven't got the gubbins yet but it's ordered through Bulldog. Never having done this before we might be grateful for a bit of knowledgable assistance.

Old 28-06-2005, 07:10   #14

We have switched from NTL broadband to Bulldog and we have had no problems so far Willow.
Old 28-06-2005, 07:18   #15
Resident Waffler

Did you manage OK setting up your network?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..