Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2006, 10:50   #1
God Member

Nuttall St Roadworks

Have now gone

They no longer represent a Health & Safety hazard to Sky engineers
Old 20-12-2006, 13:24   #2
I am Banned

Re: Nuttall St Roadworks

still where broughtons used to be at teh top of church street though.

whats you your point about sky engineers i dont get it ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 13:27   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
still where broughtons used to be at teh top of church street though.

whats you your point about sky engineers i dont get it ?
They have twiced turned up to put my Sky dish and refused because of the roadworks. The fact the dish goes on the back of house seems to have been lost on them. Apparently to pull the wire over the roof and in through the front window would have been too risky
Old 20-12-2006, 14:03   #4
I am Banned

what a load of crap the could climb up the back and lower the wire , its not falling infront of a car that shoudl worry them becaus eif they fall they are fooked before the car even comes into play lol

besides landing on a car roof would reduce the distance fallen and be a softer landing

ubless the sunroof is open
Old 20-12-2006, 14:41   #5
Resident Waffler

They sound as bad as the BT engineer who claimed it was dangerous to climb a pole after 5pm. Why??? What suddenly happens to poles at 5pm?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 14:56   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
They sound as bad as the BT engineer who claimed it was dangerous to climb a pole after 5pm. Why??? What suddenly happens to poles at 5pm?
they have usualy just got off teh ferry and are nautious
Old 20-12-2006, 15:27   #7
Resident Waffler

That's a more printable answer than the one I got by email chav

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 15:32   #8
Senior Member+

Oh they are great them Sky engineers.

I have 2 come to my house and say we cannot fit as we need special equipment to Chimney mount it as it need to be high.

NO WAY i thought as it also cost an additional £50.00 so sent them away, re ordered, had to bite bullet, sky say we will send standard installers and if they need to go on roof the will charge £50.00.

One guy came didnt mention anything about previous visit and he put it up at the front of the house without question.

Sky Engineers. lol
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 15:39   #9
I am Banned

Yup sky are the worst i had nothing but feeble excuses why they couldnt put it on the chimney - tho it took several visits, in the end after some rather strong swearwords - even invented some LOL, they suggestion was to get the tv shop to do it so i got dugdales.....mmmmmmmmm no question of not going & sticking the dish on the chimney done in a jiff but sky still weren't bloody happy, ffs thay are a bunch of waster spacers!! Why have engineers if they cant do their job
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 16:15   #10
Resting in peace

Wait till the equipment is out of warranty in 12 months, Sky 'engineers' wanted £75.00 plus VAT for realligning the dish, so we bought a small alligning meter at B&Q £14.50 and did our own, it took about 10 minutes, and we can do it any time we want now free. I would not dream of sending for their 'engineers' they are only posh roof bandits, who work as sub contractors for Sky.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 16:19   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Wait till the equipment is out of warranty in 12 months, Sky 'engineers' wanted £75.00 plus VAT for realligning the dish, so we bought a small alligning meter at B&Q £14.50 and did our own, it took about 10 minutes, and we can do it any time we want now free. I would not dream of sending for their 'engineers' they are only posh roof bandits, who work as sub contractors for Sky.
They tried the warranty bit with me, changed their mind when I suggested a location for their contract .

Likewise when I moved they wanted £40 to fit the dish. Never ever pay for any extras with Sky, the threat of cancelling is always enough to make them back down.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..