Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2006, 20:52   #1
Senior Member+

oaklea tavern..now open...

went by the place tonight and saw it was now open...looks rather nice..alot brighter looking and more inviting than what it was....anyone been to say whether its bob on ?? and are they doing anything for new years eve ??
tempted to go in for wander and quick drink....

cheers
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2006, 22:57   #2
I am Banned

Re: oaklea tavern..now open...

well the meet is on sturday you could go to that and see for yorself lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 07:37   #3
Resting in Peace

Have a look at this thread there are some photo's of the Oaklea Tavern on there

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26979

Last edited by Mick; 22-12-2006 at 07:40.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 08:19   #4
Senior Member+

u shud have some before and after pics

that way u can really tell the improvements that have been made
Old 23-12-2006, 16:23   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
went by the place tonight and saw it was now open...looks rather nice..alot brighter looking and more inviting than what it was....anyone been to say whether its bob on ?? and are they doing anything for new years eve ??
tempted to go in for wander and quick drink....

cheers
We have an artist on called "Chelsea Stretton". She's apparently quite good. Free tickets are available from behind the bar. We are closing the pub from 8:30pm til 9pm so that we can give it a quick clean, then it's tickets only after 9pm.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 17:25   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
We have an artist on called "Chelsea Stretton". She's apparently quite good. Free tickets are available from behind the bar. We are closing the pub from 8:30pm til 9pm so that we can give it a quick clean, then it's tickets only after 9pm.

where are people gonna go for half an hour?? I'm really confused!!! ( it happens often these days )

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 17:59   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
where are people gonna go for half an hour?? I'm really confused!!!
any dont go anywhere, they do the cleaning.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 19:11   #8

Just turn up at 9, then you wont have to go anywhere. Or across the road.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 20:50   #9
Junior Member+

i went tonight i walked in with sport gear on they told i can't eat in that so niped home put jeans shirt on went back, she said ur gonna be gutted... why? she stopped serving food by the time i got back so i had a few pints watchin the match looked spot on to me.
Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2006, 19:01   #10
God Member

Myself, family & friends went to the Oaklea for lunch on Christmas Eve and I'm sorry to say but we were very disappointed. The place looks really nice after the refurbishment but unfortunately thats the best I can say about it at the moment. There was a very long wait for our food (well over an hour), which can be overlooked if the fare is good when it arrives but sadly it really wasn't.The food was what I can only descrive as 'ping meals', i.e. straight from the microwave. There was a mix up in the order which meant one of our party didn't get what he ordered, a three course christmas lunch, the reason given was that the chef 'didn't know what christmas lunch meant'. He did get reimbursed for the part of the meal he didn't receive but that along with other mistakes which were blamed on the till not working correctly cast a shadow on our afternoon. I realise that every place has teething troubles when they first open and hopefully these things can be ironed out but with most people first impressions count and on my first impression I won;t be going back for a meal there.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 01:29   #11
Senior Member+

We can only apologise so much. There have been a few problems recently. yesterday we ran out of food, due to trade being far greater than anticipated. However, the problem that was mentioned, was rectified to the best of our ability. We apologise for the trouble that you encountered. The delay was mentioned prior to ordering.

Old 26-12-2006, 01:39   #12
Yank in King Art's Court!

Hey accymad, sounds like you had really bonor of a time during your visit to the Oaklea. I would expect these kind of things happening with a new establishment. Maybe a better way of addressing the issue would have been to P.M. Accyjay. Especially with him being an Accyweb mate and all.

That would have given him and opportunity to explain, apologize, make ammends, etc. If you were then not satisfied, letting others know would have been (IMO) a bit more approriate. If the Oaklea gave you satisfaction you could have then stated that also.

I imagine it'll take awhile for all the kinks to work out and then the Oaklea will only have to face "normal" problems!

Not a Sermon, Just a Thought!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 01:55   #13
God Member

Well Accymad Its sad to hear you had a bad experience up there but i can honestly say they are trying thier upmost to get it right and I agree with LYY maybe if you could have pmd AJ on this occasion ..All i can say IMHO....Is stick with it jay and kate you ,ve got the bar side right and the food side will come together .....We learn through trial and error and if folk didnt have a nice experience well just keep going to improve and you will get there ...I know through chatting to you on sat that its been hard for you this last week so just take a deep breath and tomorrows a new day..you will get there !! good luck to you both
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 12:06   #14

Accymad I would hope you and anyone else would ignore the last few posts.

This is a public forum for all points of view. You can't have a thread about a new pub and only allow nice things to be said and anything else has to be private. It defeats the whole concept of this system.
Old 26-12-2006, 18:50   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone View Post
Accymad I would hope you and anyone else would ignore the last few posts.

This is a public forum for all points of view. You can't have a thread about a new pub and only allow nice things to be said and anything else has to be private. It defeats the whole concept of this system.
I don't mind the critisism. The problems were mentioned on the day, but as i've always said on here .................. "everybody is entitled to their own opinion"

I'll be the first to admit that things could run smoother. Unfortunately, we've had a few technical hicups, & the demand for food was much greater than anybody expected. We sold 7 day's worth of food in just 3 days. We even went to asda to try to keep our stock levels up, but even asda ran out of a lot of products.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..