Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 10:31   #1
God Member

Ohhhh!

The postman has done it again! I have a fanzine subscription that I have delivered and the envelope is wet through again and it's gone right through to the magazine. The company takes so much care to make sure the magazines reach you in excellent condion, it's a good job the CD that came with it isn't damaged! I've got it drying out over the fire at the minute trying to limit the damage.

These magazines I get are one of my prized possessions, why can't the postys take more care. I wanna run out and give him a slap for it
Old 07-12-2006, 10:34   #2
God Member

Re: Ohhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
The postman has done it again! I have a fanzine subscription that I have delivered and the envelope is wet through again and it's gone right through to the magazine. The company takes so much care to make sure the magazines reach you in excellent condion, it's a good job the CD that came with it isn't damaged! I've got it drying out over the fire at the minute trying to limit the damage.

These magazines I get are one of my prized possessions, why can't the postys take more care. I wanna run out and give him a slap for it

I suppose it's not feasible for you to go and get it from the newsagents like the rest of us, those top shelves are hard to reach
Old 07-12-2006, 10:35   #3
I am Banned

My junk mail was wet which was a good job lol, maybe they should cover is in cellophane like sky do LOL.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:36   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I suppose it's not feasible for you to go and get it from the newsagents like the rest of us, those top shelves are hard to reach
Think thats why she gets it posted
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41   #5
God Member

Quote:

Dear Tinks,

I have had a word with the publishers and distributors. The next edition of my fan club magazine will be triple-wrapped and will be spent special delivery through the post office, so it will be nice and fresh when you open it. Can't let the fans down, can I?

Tealeaf.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:46   #6
God Member

Quote:
I swore at you then Dave I'll let you know what I said next time I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
My junk mail was wet which was a good job lol, maybe they should cover is in cellophane like sky do LOL.
Hmmm, I wouldn't have thought so. The price is really good....... 12 magazines and a Christmas CD for £20 a year .... not fair to ask them if they can specifically put mine in cellophane because the postman round here is an inconsiderate swine!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:48   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Dear Tinks,

I have had a word with the publishers and distributors. The next edition of my fan club magazine will be triple-wrapped and will be spent special delivery through the post office, so it will be nice and fresh when you open it. Can't let the fans down, can I?

Tealeaf.
Thanks Tealeaf that would be much appreciated You wouldn't want to lose your No. 1 fan for the sake of an irresponsible postman would you
Old 07-12-2006, 10:48   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Hmmm, I wouldn't have thought so. The price is really good....... 12 magazines and a Christmas CD for £20 a year .... not fair to ask them if they can specifically put mine in cellophane because the postman round here is an inconsiderate swine!
Oh well tell them not to sent it out in the rain hehehe

Whats this special mag then
Old 07-12-2006, 10:50   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
You wouldn't want to lose your No. 1 fan for the sake of an irresponsible postman would you

Complain to the post office about it, this was a different postie han normal only a youngie out of school by looks of him
Old 07-12-2006, 10:52   #10
God Member

Quote:
Whats this special mag then
I'm not telling you, I'm not giving you the oppurtuinty to have a go

I don't like Garfield but I'd be gutted if one you ordered through the post came damaged

OMG ....... pass me the tissue again please ...... my eyes are sweating ....... it's warm in here
Old 07-12-2006, 10:56   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
I'm not telling you, I'm not giving you the oppurtuinty to have a go

I don't like Garfield but I'd be gutted if one you ordered through the post came damaged

OMG ....... pass me the tissue again please ...... my eyes are sweating ....... it's warm in here

Ah so it begins with M & ends in N then

Garfield wouldn't dare to be assaulted or abused by the postie cos the postie wont be able to post nowt again, mind u he's usually delivered by Royal mail courier in cellophane with air holes hehehehe

> > > >passes some bog roll over
Old 07-12-2006, 10:56   #12
God Member

Quote:
Complain to the post office about it, this was a different postie han normal only a youngie out of school by looks of him
I think they took all the seasonal staff on from December 1st so that probably explains it.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:57   #13
God Member

Quote:
Complain to the post office about it,
See how it looks when it's dried.

I want to know why it got so wet? Surely it should have been in his waterproof bag til he got to the door
Old 07-12-2006, 10:58   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
I think they took all the seasonal staff on from December 1st so that probably explains it.
Ah well that postie best not cross tinks path again otherwise his peanuts will be re arranged hehehehee
Old 07-12-2006, 10:59   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
See how it looks when it's dried.

I want to know why it got so wet? Surely it should have been in his waterproof bag til he got to the door
I think he was carrying it in a bundle in the rain with the streets post to save seconds on getting it out of the bag

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..