Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 10:49   #1
God Member

OMG im getting old

for a few years now i have been getting a few grey hairs which so far have been kept at bay by using wet look gel and keeping my hair short,i have also started picking up various new aches and pains but pass these off as been due to my drunken antics and not old age but now it seems mother nature has preloaded the human being with thoughts that activate around a certain age

for the very first time ever while walking accross the landing it suddenly came to me that buying a pair of slippers would be a good idea for lounging around the house in and looking back a few weeks it has occured to me that i have started wearing a coat when going out on the town where as usually i would wear just a T-shirt or light fabric top no matter what the weather

if my kids by me slippers and a vest for xmas i know its game over for sure lol

anyone else showing signs that they arnt as young as they like to think they are lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2008, 11:00   #2
God Member

Re: OMG im getting old

Hehehehehe ... Finally, Im not the only one lol.
Ok aches and pains, grey hairs, coats, Yep all a sign of aging. bet if you look in the mirror you,ll see a few more laugh lines than normal, and wait till you start wearing bed socks and thermals. (your laughing but we,ll see)
another sign is when you DONT want to go to the pub cus its too cold outside.. arggghhhh whats happening? lmao!!!!!
Cheer up hun your not alone lol
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
for a few years now i have been getting a few grey hairs which so far have been kept at bay by using wet look gel and keeping my hair short,i have also started picking up various new aches and pains but pass these off as been due to my drunken antics and not old age but now it seems mother nature has preloaded the human being with thoughts that activate around a certain age

for the very first time ever while walking accross the landing it suddenly came to me that buying a pair of slippers would be a good idea for lounging around the house in and looking back a few weeks it has occured to me that i have started wearing a coat when going out on the town where as usually i would wear just a T-shirt or light fabric top no matter what the weather

if my kids by me slippers and a vest for xmas i know its game over for sure lol

anyone else showing signs that they arnt as young as they like to think they are lol
Earlier this summer I saw this young lad sat on the kerb cying his eyes out, so I asked him what was wrong, he just said "I can't do what the big boys do" so I sat down and cried with him
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

tough accyman, i get away wi it being "Peter Pan"
Old 08-12-2008, 11:09   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
tough accyman, i get away wi it being "Peter Pan"
i was hoping for a more truthfull account especialy from accywebs expert on old age lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i was hoping for a more truthfull account especialy from accywebs expert on old age lol
Actually cashy don't look that bad when he's out, think Paris mst give him a quick iron before he leaves home
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36   #7
Caz
God Member

Quote:
think Paris mst give him a quick iron before he leaves home
Lol, that made me giggle!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:39   #8
Senior Member+

Well, I wear slippers, and pj's and also own and wear thermals!! I wont go out if the weathers a bit dodgy without a coat and yes too have not wanted to go to the pub etc because its cold or raining lol

I knew I was getting old when I started sounding like my mum and gran wih what I was saying, but saying that have been doing that for years so says a lot about me lol

Dont worry, it comes to us all lol
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:49   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Well, I wear slippers, and pj's and also own and wear thermals!! I wont go out if the weathers a bit dodgy without a coat and yes too have not wanted to go to the pub etc because its cold or raining lol

I knew I was getting old when I started sounding like my mum and gran wih what I was saying, but saying that have been doing that for years so says a lot about me lol

Dont worry, it comes to us all lol
i spend most of my time in my pj's and slippers and my big fuzzy dressing gown lol

lol does your mum and gran say 'yeah! i'm full of tricks like that' lol cos that always makes me think of you

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:50   #10
God Member

Accyman, you are still gorgeous even with the odd grey hair babe
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:50   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: OMG im getting old

At just turned 17 (turn 17 round and you get 71) I reckon I can speak with some authority on getting old.

I’ve worn slippers in the house for as long as I can remember right from childhood. So wearing slippers is not a sign of growing old. Just common sense and comfort.

Galloping through the years does have advantages not least of which is gaining experience.

But the main advantage of growing old is that you haven’t died young.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:57   #12
God Member

I'm 69 but positions from the Karma Sutra went out the window long ago.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:58   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i spend most of my time in my pj's and slippers and my big fuzzy dressing gown lol

lol does your mum and gran say 'yeah! i'm full of tricks like that' lol cos that always makes me think of you
No, thats just me lol
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:58   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I'm 69 but positions from the Karma Sutra went out the window long ago.

ah bless ya Roy, by the sounds of it, you might have had a good time when you where younger though
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:00   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
ah bless ya Roy, by the sounds of it, you might have had a good time when you where younger though
Pass..................................

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..