Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2005, 10:10   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: On Prophecy...

I wouldn't have imagined a Benedict. How long is it since we last had a Benedict?

I do think the western world in general and the US in particular have lulled themselves into a false sense of security ("it couldn't happen to us") from which 9/11 should have been the wake-up call. It's comforting to think that WWIII dsimply couldn't happen and that the Arab nations couldn't possibly be a danger but that's a bit like the ostrich with its head in the sand.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2011, 13:57   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I know this is an old thread, but I noticed it was being read by a guest so out of curiosity I took a nose & looking towards the last quarter (our time band 2009-2013), makes for some interesting reading as to how much credence one gives it is a personal belief thing, but with what is happening at present I thought I'd highlight it, enjoy(?)reading.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 14:16   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

missed this first time around, was not a member then, just read it n think Enid Blyton is a distant relative of this Malachy geezer!
Old 22-02-2011, 14:27   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
missed this first time around, was not a member then, just read it n think Enid Blyton is a distant relative of this Malachy geezer!
If he'd made mention of the Hitler Youth, or the covering up of child abuse, I'd have been well impressed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 15:03   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcat View Post
Anyone who believes that the Arabs would have any chance of conquering Europe has been smoking that old wacky tabacky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcat View Post
The Arab countries do not get along - While they could continue to pose a terrorist threat, that's a far cry from invading and conquering.
Quotes from one of our Colonial cousins firm in the belief of Western superiority, the American way of right & might God Dammit ! But let us assume the "Arabs" in question don't intend to dominate by force of arms per se, but more so by the creeping spread of Islam, suffocating & supplanting other forms of belief & jurisdiction ? Mass immigration & asylum, not just in UK but throughout Western Europe, Arabs, North Africans coming in through Greece & Italy. As you take a look around & read the varying reports, maybe not quite so far fetched & disbelieve able after all.

Not being overly enamoured in the ways of piety & God bothering, my views are just that, views, without religious overtones. But, I do enjoy seeing the slant others place on these writings & what people have to say about their daily perceptions as to the World about them.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 22-02-2011 at 15:08.
Old 22-02-2011, 15:18   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quotes from one of our Colonial cousins firm in the belief of Western superiority, the American way of right & might God Dammit ! But let us assume the "Arabs" in question don't intend to dominate by force of arms per se, but more so by the creeping spread of Islam, suffocating & supplanting other forms of belief & jurisdiction ? Mass immigration & asylum, not just in UK but throughout Western Europe, Arabs, North Africans coming in through Greece & Italy. As you take a look around & read the varying reports, maybe not quite so far fetched & disbelieve able after all.

Not being overly enamoured in the ways of piety & God bothering, my views are just that, views, without religious overtones. But, I do enjoy seeing the slant others place on these writings & what people have to say about their daily perceptions as to the World about them.
Though of course it would help if they all got on, but they don't.

The Iran/Iraq war was a religious conflict. One branch of Islamists fighting another.

Old 22-02-2011, 15:52   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Though of course it would help if they all got on, but they don't.

The Iran/Iraq war was a religious conflict. One branch of Islamists fighting another.
Granted, they'll beat up on each other, but there's an uneasy alliance, when faced off by "Kafirs" they'll align until a result is achieved then they'll go back to fighting amongst themselves again. A prime example is Iraq, since 190-1991 Allied troops were involved in Iraq, second time around 2003-2011(?) it was all done & dusted for us since 2009 officially, the Americans still have a presence but it's been drawn right down they should officially be out by the end of 2011.

The various factions are aware of this & are already jostling for positions by killing & attacking one another in various sectarian skirmishes & assassinations. These contacts will as the time goes by get steadily worse as the complete withdrawal of allied forces accelerates. I personally think that within a few years time Iraq will be in pretty much the same state as it was prior to our intervention.
Old 22-02-2011, 15:57   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I personally think that within a few years time Iraq will be in pretty much the same state as it was prior to our intervention.
Like no way!

Get out o' the the pool!

Old 22-02-2011, 16:56   #24

Perhaps the pope read this and decided to go along with the name!

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 17:31   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
Perhaps the pope read this and decided to go along with the name!
Self-fulfilling prophecy?

I like your thinking.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:12   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Now's the time to take out those massive loans, because you're not going to have to pay them back & as to the Monthly shop it need only be a half monthly one Well according to this fella anyway ! Guess where he's from

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise - Americas, World - The Independent
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16   #27
JFT96

That's good, as I am seeing Roger Waters The Wall tour on the 20th.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:29   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Now's the time to take out those massive loans, because you're not going to have to pay them back & as to the Monthly shop it need only be a half monthly one Well according to this fella anyway ! Guess where he's from

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise - Americas, World - The Independent

That's settled then.

We're all doomed!

Doomed I tell you.

Stop paying all your bills now. As by the time the bailiffs arrives with a court summons, we'll all have perished.

Enjoy your last days on Earth...for free.

Interestingly the Jeovah's Witnesses predicted the world would definitely end in 1975.

Whoops.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:56   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That's settled then.

We're all doomed!

Doomed I tell you.

Stop paying all your bills now. As by the time the bailiffs arrives with a court summons, we'll all have perished.

Enjoy your last days on Earth...for free.

Interestingly the Jeovah's Witnesses predicted the world would definitely end in 1975.

Whoops.

Who predicted 2012
Old 05-05-2011, 08:59   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Wonder what he'll be saying on the 22nd, due to unforeseen circumstances the end of the World has been delayed, please bear with us & we'll get back to you with an alternative date A.S.A.P.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..