Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 08:49   #16
Resting in peace

Re: one for the ladies

You can get some pink stuff at Wilkinsons that works miracles. Mez introduced me to it, and it really does work without too much elbow grease. You'd have to ask her what it's called, cos I can't remember!

As for burning bras, for some of us, it is less lingerie, more good civil engineering! - and I don't burn bridges either.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2005, 09:00   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
As for burning bras, for some of us, it is less lingerie, more good civil engineering! - and I don't burn bridges either.
I bet its not as big as this one Pendy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg huge_bra.jpg (65.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-04-2005, 09:11   #18
Give, give, give member

Lol, glad your attachment was a big bra, and not an even bigger sore tongue!

Re: my comment about liberation/bra burning. l was just suprised to see one on the atavar picture as when Slapperdapper and l met in the chatroom last night, l was whipped with said piece of lingerie!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:22   #19

You had your bum bum smacked good style,you left before me because you couldn't handle a real woman!!
lol
slapperdapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:48   #20
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I bet its not as big as this one Pendy.
Depends whether that's a model village or not!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 11:18   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thumbs up Re: one for the ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
vinegar ...........................
tried your suggestion now its spotless- trust a blue@white to know! was going to try willows suggestion due to vinegar being smelly,but couldn't get a p.m. through.either gremlins or i'm not flavour of the month,thanks to all for your suggestions,but its now sparkling.
Old 07-04-2005, 13:48   #22
Resident Waffler

How odd cashman cos I got a couple of PMs from other people but Busman has just told me that someone sent him a PM which never got there. My box isn't full so you should have been able to get to me. Have we got a gremlin in our midst?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 15:21   #23
I am Banned

Exclamation cleaner

i have some industrial caustic cleaner. call round and ill give you some. it burnt a hole in my skin once on my finger, so youll need rubber gloves and goggles,i kid you not ! and dont let it touch painted surfaces, plastic, any polished surfaces, aluminium or any alloys. but it does clean stainless steel and ovens down to the metal. just handle it like toxic waste.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:21   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
How odd cashman cos I got a couple of PMs from other people but Busman has just told me that someone sent him a PM which never got there. My box isn't full so you should have been able to get to me. Have we got a gremlin in our midst?
I sent Busman a PM that never arrived.
l think there are Gremlins at work, especially because it looked like l was being bad mannered by not replying to his.
The Gremlins are causing more mischief than l do.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:25   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
The Gremlins are causing more mischief than l do.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will the vinegar trick work on the oven as well then?

Want a date?
Not on your life,you cant handle me!!
slapperdapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:38   #26
Senior Member+

The best thing to bring a shine to stainless steel is baby oil a tiny bit on a cloth wipe over and then buff it is fantastic. Try it i bet you it works.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 14:22   #27
Resident Waffler

That's great for after you've got the gunk off.

Slight thread wander on the subject of gremlins. My daughter (Mimi) lost her purse the other day. She'd been "doing her accounts" (working out how much for bus fares and how much she was going to put in the bank etc) and put her purse down on the coffee table. Later that evening we were playing a board game so moved everything that was on the table onto the hearth out of the way. She later put the things back on the table before going to bed.

Next morning she couldn't find her purse. I gave her some busfare money and off she went to school. That evening we hunted high and low for the purse - no purse to be found. Next day still no purse to be found. This went on for a few days until one day she said "Oh brill Mum where did you find it?" Find what? There was her purse on the coffee table exactly where she'd first put it! Yet we'd had other things on there since. Where did it come from? and more to the point, where had it been? No-one in the family had any idea. None of us found it!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..