Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2009, 13:12   #16
God Member

Re: ossy library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ossy don't have a Town Hall now Mallard its a Theatre and has been for years
...but the good news is that the library will now have a baby changing facility! What this has got to do with the quest for knowledge and the idea of a library as a haven of intellectual contemplation, I do not know. Can anyone advise?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2009, 15:49   #17
Resting in Peace

Rossy library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
...but the good news is that the library will now have a baby changing facility! What this has got to do with the quest for knowledge and the idea of a library as a haven of intellectual contemplation, I do not know. Can anyone advise?
Me neither, must be the PC thing to do these days
Old 24-06-2009, 11:05   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ossy don't have a Town Hall now Mallard its a Theatre and has been for years
I thought they still had a town hall facility within the theatre!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 12:08   #19
God Member

So now we read that LCC are to withdraw the hardcopy reference facilities in Accy and a number of other sites - presumably Ossy's reference section is now the baby changing facility. Is this because every line of every document and book currently available has now been digitally copied? Somehow I doubt it. Just what the hell is going on here?

In retrospect, I suppose the writing was on the wall when Church Library closed to become a battered women's hostel. Ossy will no doubt end up a creche and Accy Library will probably end up an Islamic cultural centre.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 24-06-2009 at 12:10.
Old 24-06-2009, 13:39   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
In retrospect, I suppose the writing was on the wall when Church Library closed to become a battered women's hostel.
Church Library was closed to stop all the fighting over Viz, the only thing ever read in it.

I think Ossy Library will be turned into another gypsy park
Old 24-06-2009, 14:03   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Church Library was closed to stop all the fighting over Viz, the only thing ever read in it.

I think Ossy Library will be turned into another gypsy park
You, Gayle and Garinda could pretend to be Gypsies. Just stick some tea towels round your heads, get some upturned goldfish bowls and then read people's fortunes in there. It's the sort of thing Gayle is good at organising. You will have the local fruitcakes queuing all the way down Union road.
Old 24-06-2009, 16:03   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I thought they still had a town hall facility within the theatre!
No they closed it years ago blazey, its now used for Arts etcetera, Gayle's department
Old 24-06-2009, 16:17   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
...but the good news is that the library will now have a baby changing facility!
So, how does that work, then? Do you just bring it along and say "I don't like this one, it's too ugly and it keeps throwing up" and they change it for another one? Do they date stamp it and fine you if you bring it back late?
Old 24-06-2009, 16:47   #24
God Member

People in Ossy can read
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 19:54   #25

yes eric we can read & write and do most thing's this silly government has not banned i.e. smoking in pubs & public place's the world's going mad or is it just england. sooner this lot out the better. oh and by the way ossy library re-furbishment like a breath of fresh air. well done to all ...
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 20:19   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
People in Ossy can read
Yep, thats why we have a Library and they don't have one in Church
Old 24-06-2009, 20:32   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortype View Post
ossy library re-furbishment like a breath of fresh air. well done to all ...
It's lovely, isn't it?

I went in yesterday, you'd never believe it was the same place. My 8 year old son said it looked like an NHS building LOL.

It is very bright, clean and modern now.
Old 24-06-2009, 20:34   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

After the message you sent me on facebook I dread to think what books you were reading
Old 24-06-2009, 20:38   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
After the message you sent me on facebook I dread to think what books you were reading
Hee hee, I can't believe you made me do that! LOL

I went to the library with the kids and we all borrowed books of a very respectable nature, I assure you.
Old 24-06-2009, 20:39   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortype View Post
yes eric we can read & write and do most thing's this silly government has not banned i.e. smoking in pubs & public place's the world's going mad or is it just england. sooner this lot out the better. oh and by the way ossy library re-furbishment like a breath of fresh air. well done to all ...

Just joshing you guys I'm part Ossy myself .... my grandma was from Ossy ... and I have the honor to be among those forcibly ejected from the Black Dog
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..