Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2012, 21:52   #1

Ossy New Lane

I dont know if this is legit or not but its on facebook and better to be safe rather than sorry

Peter Britcliffe
A healthy dog has collapsed and died in New Lane.There are rumours that it had been out near the Nipa Site.CAN I URGE YOU NOT TO WALK DOGS IN THAT AREA!
The brook is certainly contaminated and animals will be thirsty this weather.
I am calling on the Enironment ageny to make a clear statement as to exactly what is going on.I will repeat that call on Radio Lancs at 8am Wednesday and this will be repeated throughout the day.
I have been to the site today and words like 40.000 tons of dirty waste were being bandied about.
The site is being treated regularly and further tipping has been stopped.
Please share this information with your friends.
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2012, 00:19   #2
God Member

Re: Ossy New Lane

words getting around ossy that a dog died after been in the water near there and also word is getting around that it wasnt fish that was dumped but clinical waste.No idea whats true theres so many rumours .

mixed reports with some saying they buried the waste and others saying that all they have done is put sand over it to try and stop flies and poured disinfectant over it

dosnt seem to be any definate idea of whats actually going on there or much information been given out to local residents.If there is a polution problem the water in the brook and nature reserve may be effected.

i suppose rumours wouldnt be around so much if the enviromental agencey would speak up.I know theres an investigation as to who did it but it couldnt hurt to let local residents know whats going on.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 25-07-2012 at 00:23.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 10:14   #3
God Member

They may be keeping silent because prosecution is pending.
Any announcement might jeopardise the court proceedings.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 11:25   #4

RESIDENTS OF OSWALDTWISTLE.....

everyone who is concerned about rubbish that has been dumped in ossy people r meeting up at bottom of nook lane at 6pm this evening, show your support and BE THERE!!

Last edited by markuze; 25-07-2012 at 11:26. Reason: this evening not tomorrow
markuze is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..