Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32   #1
Resting in Peace

Police Chief quits over Terror Bungle

Britains most senior anti terror police officer Asst. Commissioner Bob Quick, has resigned after putting a huge anti terror operation in jeopardy. Where do they get these blokes from, he walks down Downing Street holding a top secret document on an anti terror investigation, details of which could be clearly seen when photographed by the Paps. As a result anti terror raids in the North West (some to close to home for me) had to be brought forward before information could leek out, its more like Keystone Cops.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:16   #2

Re: Police Chief quits over Terror Bungle

What do you suggest? Let them carry on bombing us?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:21   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would suggest top secret documents should be in a briefcase were they cannot be seen/photographed by the press or anyone, not rocket science wadey.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
terror raids in the North West
Yes affluent Clitheroe is becoming quite a centre for shocking new stories.

First the Tesco blackmail bomber, and now arrests of terrorist suspects in the town.

Makes Hyndburn appear serene and safe.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:37   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes affluent Clitheroe is becoming quite a centre for shocking new stories.

First the Tesco blackmail bomber, and now arrests of terrorist suspects in the town.

Makes Hyndburn appear serene and safe.
of course hyndburns safer , if broadway was bombed it would cause millions of pounds worth of improvements and that woud be defeating the object

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:40   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would suggest top secret documents should be in a briefcase were they cannot be seen/photographed by the press or anyone, not rocket science wadey.
And chained to his wrist so he can't leave it on the train.
At least he soon got a new job.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:42   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
What do you suggest? Let them carry on bombing us?
Can't see your point wadey, it may just help in stopping these bombers if those in charge weren't walking about with top secret documents on display for the worlds press to see. It actually showed a close up of these documents on the BBC news last night with details blacked out. No doubt there were others there who could just as easily passed on the info to those being targeted. Not long ago there was a bloke prosecuted for leaving documents on a train under the OSA, and the info in these documents wasn't incriminating or a cause for concern. One would think that documents such as these would be better carried in a brief case and not under the arm for the worlds press to see
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09   #8

Point taken but I bet he's rushed out of his office having been told to get his xxxx round to Downing Street ASAP
Old 09-04-2009, 11:12   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
Point taken but I bet he's rushed out of his office having been told to get his xxxx round to Downing Street ASAP
even so,hes still britains "Senior Anti Terror" officer, not a dizzy secretary. sorry secretarys.
Old 09-04-2009, 14:58   #10

Anyway he's gone now, could have been a lot worse, the Home Secretary's expenses claim
Old 09-04-2009, 16:48   #11
Senior Member+

At least this Idiots done the honourable thing...unlike some politicians and bankers!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 18:09   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It makes him look more important, in his eyes.
He's probably a legend in his own head.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 18:56   #13

Do you think they will find anything and if they did not thay would say they did

by Site Admin
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 19:33   #14
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsboy View Post
Do you think they will find anything and if they did not thay would say they did
Well time will tell if they do, and why would they say they did when they didn't?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:51   #15
Resting in Peace

It now appears that 11 of the 12 arrested are in this country on Student Visas. GB has said the Pakistan government should do more to weed out these extremist before they are granted these visas, the Pakistan Envoy has replied saying its our problem and we should sort it out. Seeing there are 10,000 of these visas issued to Pakistan students every year, I could answer the Envoy quite easily

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..