Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2005, 22:37   #1
Give, give, give member

Political dogfight

In reply to 'our' Gayles very reasonable letter published in last week's Observer, John Farrer has written a very strange reply.

He accuses her of a political assasination on Councillor Sandra Hayes, and warns her that she has bitten off more than she can chew!

Mr Farrer then goes on to compare his ex wife, Sandra Hayes, to a Pit Bull terrier and a Doberman cross, and warns 'our' Gayle that the said councillor will 'chew you up and spit you out in little pieces.'

Gayle Knight is then accused of showing little interest in the local community, which is a bit rich considering her high public profile as a local journalist, as well as her involment with the arts and local community projects, and amatuer dramatic groups.

Do consider the fact that if you do dare to comment on the wonderful job our coucillors are doing, especially coming up to re election time, you too could come in for a savaging from loyal Tory ex husband.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2005, 00:09   #2
I am Banned

Re: Politiacal dog fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Mr Farrer then goes on to compare his ex wife, Sandra Hayes, to a Pit Bull terrier and a Doberman cross, and warns 'our' Gayle that the said councillor will 'chew you up and spit you out in little pieces.'
it could be worse she could hump gayle's leg , chew up her furniture or pee on her kitchen floor
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 08:26   #3
God Member

You might be interested to read my reply which I am just drafting to the Accrington Observer - remember, you read it here first!

In reply to the letter of last week ‘Bitten off too much’.

Firstly can I say that Councillor Hayes is obviously a very lucky lady to enflame such passions in an ‘ex’ husband, although I personally would have been offended by being called a ‘pit bull’, I can only hope that Cllr Hayes saw it as a compliment.

Thank you for bringing up the subject of my community involvement, as that now gives me the opportunity to point out that I have been Secretary of Oswaldtwistle Players, Co-ordinator of Hyndburn Women’s Forum, Treasurer of Hyndburn Mela and a member of St Mary’s RC Primary School PTA for a considerable time and certainly long before I had any political aspirations. You can hardly call that ‘showing little interest in the community’. Yes, I went for a post with the newly formed Friends of Rhyddings Park group but in the end was quite relieved to not get it as I will be quite busy for the next few months campaigning, because as you quite rightly point out I am dipping my toe in the political waters. I will be standing as a Labour candidate for the St Andrew’s ward in Oswaldtwistle, which is not actually against Cllr Hayes but I will be up against Cllr Britcliffe.

As for whether I have bitten off too much, only time will tell but let me tell you one thing about me, I am not easily intimidated.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 08:36   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
In Mr Farrer then goes on to compare his ex wife, Sandra Hayes, to a Pit Bull terrier and a Doberman cross, and warns 'our' Gayle that the said councillor will 'chew you up and spit you out in little pieces.'

Am I reading this correctly? This bloke Farrer compares his ex-wife to a burglar's dog & that is supposed to be a compliment? I would like to know what is within his vocabulary for an insult.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 09:27   #5
Give, give, give member

Perhaps she decided to become the ex Mrs Farrer when he used to shout at her 'get down Bull's-eye' all the time.

Who was Fagin, Bill, or Nancy? I have no idea, perhaps some other of their Tory councillor friends?

Peter Britcliffe versus Gayle Knight? I know where my little cross is going.

Old 21-10-2005, 14:06   #6
Give, give, give member

Thanks to A-b I think we've filled Nancy's part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pantomime_Dame.jpg (67.5 KB, 15 views)

Old 21-10-2005, 15:50   #7
Resting in Peace

PMSL rinda
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 16:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
let me tell you one thing about me, I am not easily intimidated.

Go get em tiger lol!
Old 21-10-2005, 19:14   #9
Beacon of light

I think John Farrer's letter in the Observer this week does him no favours at all.

In fact it smacks of the 'Sucks Ya boo' childish mentality we have come to expect from some local councillors with ideas above their station.

I know who my money is on! Go for it Gayle!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 19:22   #10
God Member

Gayle thats a great reply, go girl!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 19:23   #11
white rabbits

thats a good letter gayle ,short and to the point,,,
got over your point without being too stroppy...NICE ONE

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..