Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2006, 12:15   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Political Party Debts

If the Labour Party has debts of £27m and the Tories debts of £18m can we trust such debt-ridden parties to run the country?
Old 18-08-2006, 13:59   #2
I am Banned

Re: Political Party Debts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
If the Labour Party has debts of £27m and the Tories debts of £18m can we trust such debt-ridden parties to run the country?
the tories proabably owe teh money to prostitues and labours debt is probably gordon browns account at hollands pies
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 14:08   #3

Quote:
Yes. .
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 14:49   #4
God Member

Quote:
In short, yes.

In long, most if not all of that was spent last year because it was an election year, these only happen every 4-5years usualy, so theres no problem with them gaining it back.
Old 18-08-2006, 15:34   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr

In long, most if not all of that was spent last year because it was an election year, these only happen every 4-5years usualy, so theres no problem with them gaining it back.
from the tax payer ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 15:36   #6

All political parties bear scrutiny.....and plenty of it.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 16:16   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
from the tax payer ?
No from the party members.
Old 18-08-2006, 16:20   #8
God Member

Party members must have deep pockets or are the political parties still hoping for a generous donation or 6 from a few rich bods?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 16:48   #9
God Member

At £15 membership of the Conservative party, and with over 300k members, I work that out to be £4.5mill a year from the very basic cost of membership. Not to mention all the donations that must be given etc.
Old 18-08-2006, 18:37   #10
God Member

The Tories had better start a recruitment campaign par excellance then to clear the debts. Labour will just do the usual.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-08-2006, 13:52   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
At £15 membership of the Conservative party, and with over 300k members, I work that out to be £4.5mill a year from the very basic cost of membership. Not to mention all the donations that must be given etc.
please explain MUST be given.
Old 19-08-2006, 18:29   #12
Senior Member+

"The Conservative and Labour parties will be criticised by the Electoral Commission next week for breaking the law by failing to disclose hundreds of thousands of pounds of donations from supporters.

Next week’s figures will contain a “significant” number of late donations after the commission found considerable discrepancies between recently published constituency party accounts and disclosures made to them last year.

The discrepancies were revealed after a formal complaint was made to Sam Younger, the commission chairman, by Brian Jenkins, Labour MP for Tamworth, against seven Tory constituency associations for failing to report support received from multi-millionaire Lord Ashcroft.

Some £72,000 worth of donations had gone unreported from Clwyd West, Calder Valley, Brighton Kemptown, Monmouth, Shipley, Tamworth, and Wellingborough. Nearly all were sent to the associations from a company, Bearwood Corporate Services Ltd, used by Lord Ashcroft to fund favoured Tory candidates standing in the previous election."
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 19:47   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
please explain MUST be given.
I'm saying that its highly likely that people donate. I'm not saying everyone MUST donate, im saying there must be many people donating...
Old 19-08-2006, 20:20   #14
God Member

Am I getting this straight here; Joe and Jesse Jones pop a fiver in a party collection tin at a fund raiser and must leave their name and adresses? How on earth can you report a donation thats done in passing the same as one would do for charity.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-08-2006, 20:23   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Am I getting this straight here; Joe and Jesse Jones pop a fiver in a party collection tin at a fund raiser and must leave their name and adresses? How on earth can you report a donation thats done in passing the same as one would do for charity.
Isn't all donations over a £1000 that have to be registered?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..