Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2005, 19:58   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Poor Lettie - working until she's 65

I have two small pension plans which will mature in two years.......I have been paying into them for about 20 years.......when they pay out I will spend a bit and save a bit.
It is all about having a bit of foresight.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2005, 08:34   #17
Senior Member+

Did you know that a fifth of your pension fund is made in the first five years - that's 20%, and seems much more looking at it that way.

And if any of you like to put money away for your grandchildren, what better way than to put it in a stakeholder for them. The government put in an additional 22%, and it is probably one of the better/most effective ways to save for their future, even if it is a long long way away.

They'll thank you for it eventually

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 08:57   #18
Senior Member+

Hi
I retired Christmas 2003, after 25 years with Local Authority, get paid their pension, which I pay tax on, and in 12 months time its the state pension(with no reductions)

So Lettie don't work till you are 65, I can recommend retirement
park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 09:11   #19
Senior Member+

The Local Authority pensions are pretty good, as they are based on your final salary at retirement.

I can see the government are trying to cut costs by changing the terms of the Civil Service pension.

They're just a load of tight 'people with questionable parentage'

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 10:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Hi
I retired Christmas 2003, after 25 years with Local Authority, get paid their pension, which I pay tax on, and in 12 months time its the state pension(with no reductions)

So Lettie don't work till you are 65, I can recommend retirement
You will get a full OAP but you will pay more tax on your existing LA pension. The bug***s claw it back before you can get your hands on it!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 19:15   #21
Beacon of light

I can recommend it too Lettie!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..