Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2005, 12:44   #76
Resident Waffler

Re: pope

lol I was actually seconding Tinkerbelle's post ther Doug, not suggesting that you put yourself up for PM.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2005, 12:45   #77

i'll third it.
like i said earier the man done good in ww2 and saved a few lives
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 12:51   #78
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Doug would you like TONY BLAIRS job because I'LL vote for you!!
Regretfully I must decline with grace; I’m too much of an irritant to be anything other than myself. But thank you anyway. If I had not being talking to such serine ladies I’d had just said Bo**ocks.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 13:32   #79
Give, give, give member

l hope he's made comfortable too, like l said l was shocked seeing him on the news last night, obviously very ill, but made/ helped to perform his duties. He may have done good work as a preist in WW2, but he's dealt tragically with AIDS. His denial of advice as led to thousands of death, & millions living with HIV in Africa. Like l said yesterday, the Vatican issued a statement in the 80's saying if you must use a condon it had to have a hole in it!
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 13:38   #80
God Member

>> I have no doubt that the Vatican as set in motion it’s great wheels and the call among the bishops to identify their candidates for the next incumbent to the holy order.<<

Point of order there Doug. The Pope is chosen by God, acting through the Holy Spirit, who inspires the choice of the College of Cardinals sitting in Conclave. The Bishops have no say in the matter. Canvassing for the Papacy, in the way that one would if one were seeking political office, is a mortal sin and is forbidden . Theoretically, any catholic man can be elected Pope, though it is more usual to select a Cardinal-Priest.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 25-02-2005 at 13:42.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 13:47   #81
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Point of order there Doug. The Pope is chosen by God, acting through the Holy Spirit, who inspires the choice of the College of Cardinals sitting in Conclave. The Bishops have no say in the matter. Canvassing for the Papacy, in the way that one would if one were seeking political office, is a mortal sin and is forbidden . Theoretically, any catholic man can be elected Pope, though it is more usual to select a Cardinal-Priest.
Accepted. My respects.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 13:48   #82
Give, give, give member

Who sat on the College of Cardinals when Peter became the first Pope? Who could he not canvass, as there weren't any catholics?
Old 25-02-2005, 13:51   #83
God Member

Peter was chosen directly.. "Tu est Petrus"?
Old 25-02-2005, 15:08   #84
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
if your'e granny was terminal wouldn't you like to know
It is obvious that his Holiness is a very sick man. Anybody who has watched the news lately can see that. As for the Vatican/media not telling the truth. Why should they? Is this man not entitled to the same amount of medical confidentiality afforded to us all? Just because he is a very important public figure does not entitle the world to know all of his medical details. If my granny was terminally ill then yes, I would like to know. It would however, be her choice who was told of her condition and not the choice of the medical/nursing staff, bishops, media or anybody else.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..

Last edited by lettie; 25-02-2005 at 15:09.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 17:00   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
We are all as bad as the media discussing this mans passing before he actually does . Leave him in peace to pass on nayurally without all this speculation.
Quite agree with you there fireman.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 17:24   #86

thankyou Sara glad someone does. Certain topics should be left and not discussed until the time is right. Now I dont think is the time.!
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 20:08   #87
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
the Vatican issued a statement in the 80's saying if you must use a condon it had to have a hole in it!
That seems sensible otherwise how could you put it on?

As to the main topic I hope he isn't suffering too much discomfort.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 20:19   #88
Give, give, give member

Touche! Although being as pure as the driven snow l can't offer you any further instruction.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..