Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 2 Post By lettie
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By kestrelx

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2024, 12:38   #1
Senior Member+

Post Office locked up innocent people!

Anyone watch "Mr Bates Vs the Post Office"

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...lls-of-her-cbe

Please sign the petition, thanks.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2024, 15:50   #2
God Member

Re: Post Office locked up innocent people!

The woman needs jail time not a damehood.
kestrelx likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 15:55   #3
Beacon of light

So you strip Paula Vennells of her gong and that helps the persecuted sub post masters…How?

This woman left the Post Office with a pay off of £400k….not bad for someone who presided over a scandalous injustice for those who worked in the Post Offices….and the money taken from these workers was trousered as profits by The Post Office

I would prefer it if there was agitation for those who were leading the post office during this scandal to be brought to Justice….and of course if the people whose lives were destroyed could get their money back…that money that they did not steal, but the Post Office DID!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 15:58   #4
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
The woman needs jail time not a damehood.
Well said that man.
I agree….and Adam Crozier too.
These sub post masters spent twenty years fighting their case and trying to repair ruined lives and reputations…some of them did not make it.

Alan Bates deserved the gong…and yes he was offered a CBE and refused it.
Old 06-01-2024, 21:28   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So you strip Paula Vennells of her gong and that helps the persecuted sub post masters…How?

This woman left the Post Office with a pay off of £400k….not bad for someone who presided over a scandalous injustice for those who worked in the Post Offices….and the money taken from these workers was trousered as profits by The Post Office

I would prefer it if there was agitation for those who were leading the post office during this scandal to be brought to Justice….and of course if the people whose lives were destroyed could get their money back…that money that they did not steal, but the Post Office DID!
It's just one step towards getting proper justice for these people destroyed by the Post Office blatant injustice and she was involved in covering it up! Pure financial compensation isn't going to repair the damage done for people who've lost 20 years of quality life!

Last edited by kestrelx; 06-01-2024 at 21:31.
Old 07-01-2024, 18:23   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I signed this petition the other day, and after reading a tweet by Julie Hesmondhalgh have tweeted Sara Britcliffe to ask her to raise this scandal in parliament to ensure the right and proper compensation for these families. Mr Bates would like people to contact their MP's en masse to ask them to ensure that there is swift recompense and that those wrongly convicted of crimes are exonerated quickly.

I honestly think that there should be a criminal investigation into the exec board at the post office and this should include corporate manslaughter, theft of monies from the postmasters, fraud and obstruction of justice and probably a shedload more..

Vennells should definitely be stripped of her honour, I know this won't make things any better for those affected, but I reckon it will make millions of people feel better.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 20:44   #7
Beacon of light

I signed the petition and passed it on for others to sign.
What these people have had to endure over the last two decades is deplorable.

I know that financial compensation could never mend these broken lives or restore the lives of those who died waiting for Justice.
But quashing all convictions must be a place to start. Restoring the good name of the people involved …then restore the finances that were stolen by the post office.

Compensate the families, bring those who were in charge of this fiasco to Justice and what about Fujitsu….shouldn’t they have some part in the blame….they knew what was going on but were complicit….so fine them, fine them big.
lettie and roller76 like this.
Old 09-01-2024, 20:23   #8
God Member

Nigel Farage on GBNews has picked up this issue and, given his impact on the NatWest/Coutts “debanking” scandal, I hope he can put pressure on those responsible.

Firstly, Ed (nothing to do with me) Davey who was the minister responsible for the Post Office when the scandal occurred. Now, of course, he “leads” the LibDums and expects people to vote for him.

Secondly, Sir (nothing to do with me either) Keir Starmer who, as Director of Public Prosecutions actually WAS involved as explained by Guido
https://order-order.com/2024/01/09/w...ffice-scandal/

Thirdly, King Charles III, who is the only person who can rescind a CBE. Vennells “offer” to hand back her ‘gong’ is meaningless, it’s not up to her.
Old 10-01-2024, 09:41   #9
Beacon of light

As always Exile you have an incisive way of delivering to the forum, the stuff that MSN hides…or fails to tell us.

All those who had a hand in this should be standing up and taking the medicine.
How can Ed Davies say he did not know anything when he had more than one meeting with Alan Bates?
He said he was lied to by the Post Office, but isn’t it his JOB to check the validity of what he was being told?

For those who were in places of influence, it was easier to look the other way….because these ‘little people’ had no power against the might of an organisation that was Judge, Jury, and executioner.
Old 12-01-2024, 19:44   #10
God Member

It was only a matter of time before the Bliar creature’s name cropped up…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67941495
kestrelx likes this.
Old 12-01-2024, 21:21   #11
Senior Member+

The truth is, if you complain against any bureaucrats like the local council or GP/NHS, it's all set up to deny people real justice. This Post Office situation is so extreme and viscous that it's causing so much attention from the public. But people are getting screwed by the bureaucrats on a daily basis. But not to the extent of being accused of theft, imprisoned on such a mass scale.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..