Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2008, 10:05   #1
Senior Member+

Pram pushers......

Check this article out......

'Babies Stressed Out By Buggies' - Yahoo! News UK

I had both types for Jack but usually when i put him in the rear facing one he would hang his out and look round the front to see what was going on (probs didnt wana look at my mug all day!).

I have alot of pet hates when it comes to pushchairs i.e when people put newborns/very young bubbas in buggies that dont lay down flat.When people dont lift the pram to go up kerbs and when people buy cheap nasty buggies without swivel wheels at the front so you have to keep lifting the front up to turn every corner and even just to move over a little bit.But i had never thought anything of the ones that face forward.
Do you think parents/carers will take notice or are these people taking things a bit far now?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2008, 10:46   #2

Re: Pram pushers......

During the summer (we did get one, for a day or two) I had to go out and ask a mother to turn her pram around. She'd stopped for a natter and left her pram pointing directly into the sun. She wasn't terribly impressed by the veiled insinuation that some geek in a photo studio paid more attention her child's welfare than she.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:47   #3
Senior Member+

i dont like the ones that dont lie flat either, travel systems are the same...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:52   #4
Senior Member+

All my buggies faced away from me, without spending a small fortune I could not afford one that faced me (but a small fortune I mean over £400) It has never really bothered these 2, I still talk and interact with them even though they are facing away from me. They laugh and play and talk to each other aswell, but guess its slightly different having 2 rather than just the one........
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:54   #5
God Member

I had a "Loola" pram for my youngest
These face both ways
When he was younger, kept it facing me, tis nice to talk to them and smile at them whilst walking along
When he got older and a bit nosier I turned it round, just so he could see everything going on

I think it's probably a load of rubbis, them saying about psychological damage

Well, depends who the child has for company lol
Old 21-11-2008, 10:56   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass28 View Post
I had a "Loola" pram for my youngest
These face both ways
When he was younger, kept it facing me, tis nice to talk to them and smile at them whilst walking along
When he got older and a bit nosier I turned it round, just so he could see everything going on

I think it's probably a load of rubbis, them saying about psychological damage

Well, depends who the child has for company lol
oooh...thats one on my list. any good?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 21-11-2008, 11:15   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

When my eldest was a baby, (that was 15 years ago nearly )i had one of those carrycot types, but it wasnt a box shape it was a silvercross 3 in 1, she faced me untill she was at least 2 then you could turn the pram and fix it so they faced forward.
I think these prams that have the car seat are stupid, so are the prams with the tyre, i mean what if ya get a punchure ...silly

The best pram by far is the silvercross carrage pram the old type
Old 21-11-2008, 11:19   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
When my eldest was a baby, (that was 15 years ago nearly )i had one of those carrycot types, but it wasnt a box shape it was a silvercross 3 in 1, she faced me untill she was at least 2 then you could turn the pram and fix it so they faced forward.
I think these prams that have the car seat are stupid, so are the prams with the tyre, i mean what if ya get a punchure ...silly

The best pram by far is the silvercross carrage pram the old type
I wanted a twin silvercross carriage pram..........finding one was an entirely different matter lol
Old 21-11-2008, 15:48   #9
Passed away 25-11-09

I don't like the buggies that are used nowadays. My children had coach-built prams, well sprung, solid flat base for their backs and plenty of room for growth, they still fit in at 2 years old. My elder daughter had one for my grandson and Nik also had one (3rd hand but beautiful) for Laura. Buggies (push chairs) were just used for car journeys. Mind you, when my babies were of pram age, I used to walk miles every day pushing the pram - and a metal tray underneath, balanced on the wheel axles, held loads of shopping - and they were put out in the garden, tucked up in the pram, to sleep during the day in all kinds of weather. They were healthy too.
Old 21-11-2008, 17:08   #10
Senior Member+

I must say i dont like some of the modern ones that are really low
bubba must get exhaust fumes and street dust all the time....

this one is the worst IMO.....

http://babystyle.com.au/uploaded_ima...eds-793578.jpg

Old 21-11-2008, 17:10   #11
Senior Member+

thats the baby in the shopping basket one lol

Old 21-11-2008, 17:30   #12
Senior Member+

Phil & Ted ??? do one like that aswell
Old 22-11-2008, 11:45   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskitty View Post
I must say i dont like some of the modern ones that are really low
bubba must get exhaust fumes and street dust all the time....

this one is the worst IMO.....

http://babystyle.com.au/uploaded_ima...eds-793578.jpg
Yeah - the baby gets the exhaust fumes from the toddler

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 15:06   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Yeah - the baby gets the exhaust fumes from the toddler
LOL!

I was thinking about that-when the younger one gets bigger couldn't they poke the other poor kid in the back etc?and yea Emzy its indeed a phil n teds in that picture.

Old 22-11-2008, 17:07   #15
Senior Member+

Why it's time to forget the pushchair and sling your baby to sleep | Mail Online

why you should ditch the pram and wear your baby

mines a bit like that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..