Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 12:51   #1

Question Prescription charges!!!!!!!

I've just seen on the news that prescription charges are going up by 20p.
I want to know as we are classed as the British Isles, why are they free in Wales and Ireland and Scotland from April but yet the English are still having to pay ?
This to me is a farce!!!

Sorry just fancied a rant
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2011, 15:42   #2
God Member

Re: Prescription charges!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
I've just seen on the news that prescription charges are going up by 20p.
I want to know as we are classed as the British Isles, why are they free in Wales and Ireland and Scotland from April but yet the English are still having to pay ?
This to me is a farce!!!

Sorry just fancied a rant
The Welsh & Scottish MP's vote in our parliament but we can't vote in theirs. Amazing how we let the minorities run us
Old 04-03-2011, 15:54   #3
Senior Member+

....and of course the Welsh and Scottish Parliaments are using English money to pay for the free prescriptions. They don't raise enough themselves, so depend on grants from us!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 16:00   #4

That's scandalous and not fair!
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 16:02   #5
God Member

they have always been free in wales its a fliping joke that our fees go up and they carry on for free and worst still some areas cant afford life saving medicines hence the lottery postcode issue regarding treatment at the expense of some taffy getting their paracetomal for free.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 16:04   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
....and of course the Welsh and Scottish Parliaments are using English money to pay for the free prescriptions. They don't raise enough themselves, so depend on grants from us!
yep they want indepenance yet still want our money

sounds like a few other countries dosnt it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 04-03-2011, 17:41   #7
Resting in Peace

Some countries are independent, yet some are more independent than others I'm all for giving the Jocks and the Taffs independence but go the whole hog, complete severance. As for scottish and welsh MPs vote for legislation that only effects England is a total blood nonsense
Old 04-03-2011, 17:41   #8
Senior Member+

Cut them loose and let them get on with life - without our funds to keep them alive.
Old 04-03-2011, 18:41   #9
JFT96

So which UK Government, gave us devolution?

Amazingly it was the caring, sharing Labour Government of the late 90's
Shame Tony is more right wing than Dave and Nick

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 23:04   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dont forget.........Were all in this together.
Old 05-03-2011, 00:26   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
So which UK Government, gave us devolution?

Amazingly it was the caring, sharing Labour Government of the late 90's
Shame Tony is more right wing than Dave and Nick
and cameron just made things better allowing everyone free medicine except england who have to pay more to fund this decision.

CORRECTION

in england you can get free medicine as long as you can prove you wernt born here, on benefits but not sickness benefit you even have to pay when on that so that leaves the workforce and the ill of england paying for the rest of the UK's medicine and whoever sneaks through the channel tunnel or arrives on a bannana boat.

yup camerons putting his country back on track lmao

not that i was a fan of blair either but camerons in power now and he isnt doing jack for teh people of england only everybody else

Old 05-03-2011, 01:13   #12
God Member

The tory cover up media machine is is full flow.. the headline news is that there was a vote in Wales just behind Libya.. yet the massive defeat of the tories and lib-dems in the by election is far behind .. a good day to bury bad news..but then again after barely 10 months of this lot it's par for the course
PS for Jaysay.. don't be gettin all umpty when you read this intu morning.. the truth hurts!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51   #13
God Member

us scots put priorities in the right order we didnt vote tory plus we are spending money put aside from all the oil tax so the english taxpayer dont pay a thing for us.and if you did visit scotland you would fell at home anyway as there is a high population of english makes me laugh when people say we are spending their money when the scottish economy is propping up the rest of britain lol ie iol revenue from scottish waters..
Old 05-03-2011, 07:31   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
us scots put priorities in the right order we didnt vote tory plus we are spending money put aside from all the oil tax so the english taxpayer dont pay a thing for us.and if you did visit scotland you would fell at home anyway as there is a high population of english makes me laugh when people say we are spending their money when the scottish economy is propping up the rest of britain lol ie iol revenue from scottish waters..
...and still, year after year, the population of Scotland continues to fall, despite the sweetners, subsidised by their benevolent English neighbours.

Still, at least the terror of Accrington's killing fields, meant at least one nervous ned returned there, to help stem the flow.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:52   #15
Give, give, give member

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..