Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 16:44   #1
Senior Member+

Price query's at supermarkets

Do you get "niggled" about being conned in supermarkets. I really do. I feel sometimes I want to be able to write to someone and complain.
The other week I went into a supermarket in town and saw some really expensive biscuits in a tin, which were on offer. The price said should be £6 a tin, half price now at £3. I bought a tin and KNEW it was a bargain. I went in this week and the very same biscuits have a sign on saying "was £12, now £6 per tin". What a load of rubbish! Never in a million years are those biscuits £12 a tin!!!!!
Been in just now, some of my favourite Walkers crisps - 18 in a huge bag - on offer for £4.15. (£4.15 I thought to myself, you are KIDDING!) I know the days of Walkers for a £1 for a bag of 6 packets has gone, but ....I looked around the shop until I found large packets of 6 packs and THEY WERE ON OFFER 3 packets for £3.50. So, if you bought these, you saved yourself money from the special offer packs???? In the same shop?????? When I mentioned it to the manager, he was a "little grumpy with me".
Learn a lesson, DONT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT THE SIGN SAYS!!!!
Right, I feel better now I have told you all
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2010, 17:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Price query's at supermarkets

That happens quite a lot you will something 5 for £2 and if you buy 5 individual items it only comes to £1.50 or the bulk offer has a lighter weight than the same non offer items. Its mind games to make us think we are getting something cheaper when were not.
Old 04-11-2010, 17:39   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Do you get "niggled" about being conned in supermarkets. I really do. I feel sometimes I want to be able to write to someone and complain.
The other week I went into a supermarket in town and saw some really expensive biscuits in a tin, which were on offer. The price said should be £6 a tin, half price now at £3. I bought a tin and KNEW it was a bargain. I went in this week and the very same biscuits have a sign on saying "was £12, now £6 per tin". What a load of rubbish! Never in a million years are those biscuits £12 a tin!!!!!
Been in just now, some of my favourite Walkers crisps - 18 in a huge bag - on offer for £4.15. (£4.15 I thought to myself, you are KIDDING!) I know the days of Walkers for a £1 for a bag of 6 packets has gone, but ....I looked around the shop until I found large packets of 6 packs and THEY WERE ON OFFER 3 packets for £3.50. So, if you bought these, you saved yourself money from the special offer packs???? In the same shop?????? When I mentioned it to the manager, he was a "little grumpy with me".
Learn a lesson, DONT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT THE SIGN SAYS!!!!
Right, I feel better now I have told you all
There are people who would obviously just pop them i their little trolley, pop a bit more lippy on comb their hair in the mirror then of to he checkout, and some of the women are even worse
Old 04-11-2010, 17:41   #4
God Member

You could have saved time by looking here before you went
http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopp...risps&SortBy=3

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 19:54   #5

You have to realise the only thing that supermarkets care about is profit. They don't give two hoots about customers and will try any trick in the book to con money out of people.
As in special offer 450 local jobs down to 190 odd. every little helps.
I try to shop anywhere but a supermarket even though i know it will cost me more, but it gets harder and harder, only a matter of time till the only choice is Asda or Tesco's. And if it don't make them money you won't be able to buy it.
Ok, rant over.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:57   #6
Senior Member+

and, another "grump" before I set off for work. Yesterday went to the furniture store HARVEYS at Blackburn, saw a sofa which I quite liked, asked about delivery time etc (yep, this particular one WAS one which could be delivered BEFORE Xmas! Yippee!! NOT a 10/12 week delivery). They then casually mentioned the delivery charge would be .........£59!!!! WHAT!!!!!

BRING BACK BARNES SHOWROOMS OF ACCRINGTON, where you could see a sofa (suite, whatever) - and have that very one delivered to your home, within the week.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:56   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
and, another "grump" before I set off for work. Yesterday went to the furniture store HARVEYS at Blackburn, saw a sofa which I quite liked, asked about delivery time etc (yep, this particular one WAS one which could be delivered BEFORE Xmas! Yippee!! NOT a 10/12 week delivery). They then casually mentioned the delivery charge would be .........£59!!!! WHAT!!!!!

BRING BACK BARNES SHOWROOMS OF ACCRINGTON, where you could see a sofa (suite, whatever) - and have that very one delivered to your home, within the week.
I had exactly the same thing last year when I wanted a bed. Because of my circumstances I use the telephone a lot if I want to buy anything, I look things up on the website then talk to the salesman over the phone. When I did this last year I got a pathetic response from this numpty (sorry sales teenager) who didn't seem interested when I told him that when it was delivered they would have to take the old bed out,(not take it away, just put it outside) oh we can't do that, was the response. So I just said you have the chance of a decent unsolicited sale, you don't even have to sell the bloody thing to me as I want it and you're turning your nose up at it, think you'll go a long way in this job young man. Sometime later Joan rang the same store, spoke to the manager, sorted everything out even arranged a delivery time, because I was in hospital, job done

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..