Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2015, 12:54   #1
Senior Member+

Prince Harry leaving the armed forces

Prince Harry leaving the armed forces to pursue conservation projects in Africa

Prince Harry leaving the armed forced to pursue conservation projects in Africa - People - News - The Independent

Is it a karma thing? Kill a few (semi-defenceless) afghans then help save a few Africans....."Leaving"? I'd be surprised if the military even notice he's gone.

I still remember the (propaganda) interview where he had the staged call out and had to cut the interview short and run to the chopper.

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 28-02-2015 at 12:59.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2015, 13:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Prince Harry leaving the armed forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

Is it a karma thing? Kill a few (semi-defenceless) afghans then help save a few Africans.
Semi- defenceless? Really?

I doubt if the 3400 dead and 26000 injured coalition forces would agree with you.

He was a target out there, maybe a well protected one but the Taliban are clever, you can bet they knew he was there-a prime target.
AccyMad and DaveinGermany like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 13:29   #3
God Member

if by semi defenceless you mean a AK47 weilding goat herder then yes i agree

and thats just the children the dads get to play with rocket launchers as well

the women ... well we dont hear much from the women they are sat at home doing as they are told
Accyexplorer likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 13:42   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Semi- defenceless? Really?

I doubt if the 3400 dead and 26000 injured coalition forces would agree with you.

He was a target out there, maybe a well protected one but the Taliban are clever, you can bet they knew he was there-a prime target.
I don't want to go on a prince bashing rant G, he's my favourite royal but,I doubt he's ever been in any real danger.
By "semi defenceless" I mean a rusty old AK47/rocket launcher isn't the same as a sophisticated apache helicopter.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 28-02-2015 at 13:44.
Old 28-02-2015, 14:36   #5
God Member

im no fan of the royals and i agree he would be very well protected and most of the footage of him out there will be feel good propoganda but i wouldnt step foot in that crap hole even with an apache helicoptor protecting me.

even a crappy old rocket launcher can bring down a multi million pound helicoptor although admitidly if someone aske me to shoot down an apache helicoptor id ask for something a little more substantial to shoot at it preferably controlled from a remote location

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 15:08   #6
Senior Member+

However protected he was he did his service just like the next man and for that he deserves a 'little' respect,he's a good un like his mother.
anzac likes this.

password--Accyweb
Old 28-02-2015, 15:20   #7
Senior Member+

He was in Helmand same time as my step daughter and from what I've been told he did his bit.
dotti34 likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 15:26   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Is it a karma thing? Kill a few (semi-defenceless) afghans then help save a few Africans....."Leaving"? I'd be surprised if the military even notice he's gone
You don't half talk some shi-ite lad! Are you really that stupid or is there just something in your make up that encourages you to be so contrary? Maybe it's down to being addled through your habit?

I'm no great supporter of the monarchy (I can take 'em or leave 'em) but it's something we've got in the UK which sets us apart from other nations. There's enough folk ready to gripe about them being worthless & not worth their money, yet when you get one of them actually doing something productive & worthwhile (and I class taking out weapon toting ragheads who're trying to kill & maim our troops as a prime example of something worthwhile) there's them as'll bitch about that too!

At least the lad & others like him have served their country (unlike some) & whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with what our armed forces are asked to do "At our behest", at least he's protecting the liberties of you & others so you can have the freedom & right to spout your cobblers without fear or recriminations.
Old 28-02-2015, 15:36   #9
Senior Member+

Both he and William did one of the hardest jobs there is- learned to fly a helicopter( and did it in combat conditions)- something I doubt I could ever learn.
For two guys in their position they've grown up just about as normal a pair as is possible and haven't been wrapped in cotton wool. Good for them.
AccyMad, Boeing Guy and dotti34 like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 16:16   #10
JFT96

Quote:
I don't want to go on a prince bashing rant G, he's my favourite royal but,I doubt he's ever been in any real danger.
By "semi defenceless" I mean a rusty old AK47/rocket launcher isn't the same as a sophisticated apache helicopter.
You know those rusty old AK47's still work and if your shot with one, I am sure you would not be too happy. Same with a hand held SAM, if it hits you, you're going to have a bad day.

If you want to help, those pood defenceless Afgans, I am sure we can help send you out.

ON a side note, having flown a Boeing 737 into Baghdad, Sulaymaniyah and Basra I can assure you there is lots of danger there, even for a soft civvy as myself and my fellow crew.

Anyone, including both Princes and their Uncle Andrew, who has served for our country, deserve our respect.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 16:29   #11
Senior Member+

It is time that he kept his mouth shut about subjects that he has no knowledge or understanding of.
Old 28-02-2015, 18:40   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You don't half talk some shi-ite lad! Are you really that stupid or is there just something in your make up that encourages you to be so contrary? Maybe it's down to being addled through your habit?

I'm no great supporter of the monarchy (I can take 'em or leave 'em) but it's something we've got in the UK which sets us apart from other nations. There's enough folk ready to gripe about them being worthless & not worth their money, yet when you get one of them actually doing something productive & worthwhile (and I class taking out weapon toting ragheads who're trying to kill & maim our troops as a prime example of something worthwhile) there's them as'll bitch about that too!

At least the lad & others like him have served their country (unlike some) & whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with what our armed forces are asked to do "At our behest", at least he's protecting the liberties of you & others so you can have the freedom & right to spout your cobblers without fear or recriminations.
AccyEx goes to the stables to fetch his moral high horse....

.....It may well be "shi-ite" as you say but (like it or not) it's a opinion I'm entitled to.

The fact he's a prince is irrelevant and like I've already said the lad deserve's (a little) respect for serving his country.
After all,it takes guts (and brains) to fly a attack helicopter at "ragheads" with the equivalent of peashooters.... but like harry said playing computer games helps

I apologise if my finding the fact he is killing "ragheads" as a participant in an a (illegal) war disgusting.
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think I know everything about everything.
I may be a chromosome or two away from a special parking badge and half baked but, I know blowing stuff to pieces, killing folk, and generally trying to prove you've the biggest Richard isn't the best way to make them "ragheads" reconsider their position.
Take a moment and think how many "ragheads" lives our boys have made a living hell by blowing 'their' relatives to pieces.

password--Accyweb
Old 28-02-2015, 18:45   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
It is time that he kept his mouth shut about subjects that he has no knowledge or understanding of.
No, it's time those with no real input did

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 28-02-2015 at 18:49.
Old 28-02-2015, 18:47   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Both he and William did one of the hardest jobs there is- learned to fly a helicopter( and did it in combat conditions)- something I doubt I could ever learn.
For two guys in their position they've grown up just about as normal a pair as is possible and haven't been wrapped in cotton wool. Good for them.
Fair comment,I won't argue with that G.

password--Accyweb
Old 28-02-2015, 19:35   #15
JFT96

I could respond to you Accyexplorer, explaining how all this started, US Embassy Bombings, Attacks on New York etc, but you really are not worth my time or effort. Go back to your illegal drugs
AccyMad likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..