Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 11:28   #1
Resident Waffler

Proper Christmas

Let's hope the 'PC Brigade' take note of this.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2006, 11:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Proper Christmas

One I saw yesterday in the paper was ridiculous. A school has axed the Christmas concert, and left the kids in tears, because they said that parents giving lifts to other kids to & from the school may not be properly insured. Insurance experts have said, of course they're insured it doesn't matter who is in the car as long as its not overfilled and they are wearing seat belts. In my opinion just an excuse to cancel to Xmas play!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:50   #3
God Member

Doubt it willow. They would consider it interfearence from someone with a veted intrest who therefore should be ignored. This bunch of canteen floor waste will do what they want not what everyone else wants.

"Leaders of the two faiths warned that attempts to suppress Christmas bring a backlash and Muslims get the blame.
And they said that while Christmas causes no offence to minority faiths, banning it offends almost everybody."

"The body sent a letter to town halls in the name of Anglican Bishop of Bolton David Gillett and senior Islamic cleric and Government adviser Dr Ataullah Siddiqui. It pleaded for an end to the suppression of Christmas and the restoration of its Christian meaning."

The above says it all in that its only the PC brigade that want and end to a Christmas as we know it.

Great find willow.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:52   #4
Senior Member+

Reading that makes me mad, why shouldn't everyone be able to celebrate they're religious festivals. Aren't we supposed to live in a multicultural society. You can't walk down the street without fear of offending someone. I'm not racist but, muslims and hindus are allowed to set off fireworks and decorate for eid and diwali. What if christians said that offened them, there would be uproar and be called racist. People should be able to celebrate what they believe!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:56   #5
Resting in peace

Good to see the Muslim leaders going to 'bat' for Christianity, that is a very positive step towards integration, but 'Winterval', 'Luminos', just where does this woolly headed thinking come from?
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:02   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Good to see the Muslim leaders going to 'bat' for Christianity, that is a very positive step towards integration, but 'Winterval', 'Luminos', just where does this woolly headed thinking come from?
Its from some desk jockey who never got what they wanted at Christmas.

What do these brain dead basket cases hoping to achieve?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 12:56   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It's about time that somebody within the Christian and Moslem faiths had the balls to get together and challenge some of our overpaid, underworked local authority PC clowns. The only thing is........ if we get Christmas back, what are these LA's going to pick on next? They need to justify their jobs somehow.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 15:58   #8
Senior Member+

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26285

And you thought I was joking.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 17:45   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post

Well is it for poppy picking or just send them to Helmand Province just so they can join like minded prars?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 17:54   #10
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
But Bazf this is in oppoition to just that kind of rubbish.

There was an article in the paper on Wednesday advising organisers of Christmas parties not to offer raffle tickets to muslims as gambling is against their religion and it may offend them.

Gambling is against my religion too but I don't get offended if someone tries to sell me a raffle ticket. I usually say that I hope I'm not offending them by refusing one then offer a donation instead. I still donate prizes for things at my girls' dance class too.

At least someone is showing some common sense at last with this PC nonsense.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 20:20   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
But Bazf this is in oppoition to just that kind of rubbish.

Come on now the daily zenophobic must have some agenda, no one can support that rag its worse then the sun.

Quote:
Last week British Airways was forced to back down over a ban on employees wearing a Christian cross. Its order to check-in worker Nadia Eweida that she must wear a cross under her uniform met a furious reponse from the public and provoked an outcry from bishops, MPs and Government ministers

Why was this mentioned in the article, because they broke the story?

Quote:
Alarm over attempts by police and other public bodies to force Christians to accept gay rights rules have produced a major political row between churches and Government over the latest laws that, Anglicans fear, would compel priests to bless same-sex partnerships.

Again what has this to do with a letter about christmas?

Just the daily zenophic, homophbic rag that stirs more tension then any of the mullas and loonie left or right could ever hope to achive.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..