Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 23:55   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: re Left hand drive cars on UK roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't think that the problem was too much car when you almost hit someone .... I think it might just have been a loose nut behind the steering wheel
I know Eric, but I think it was probably more to do with my Chestnuts ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2009, 01:34   #32

I have no problem with left hand drive
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:10   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_flibble View Post
Well why shouldnt there be cars that can do 205mph? Just because my car can do 170 doesnt mean im going to do that in the middle of accy town centre does it?
Well why shouldn't I be able to walk around with a hand gun on my belt like John Wayne? Just because I could shoot someone dead does not mean I will do.

Same argument.

You might not do 170mph but you can be damn sure many people have done.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:30   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well why shouldn't I be able to walk around with a hand gun on my belt like John Wayne? Just because I could shoot someone dead does not mean I will do.

Same argument.

You might not do 170mph but you can be damn sure many people have done.
You only have to watch programs on TV such as Road Wars to see what havoc brain dead ******* can do with souped up cars that they can't hand, cars are meant to be a convenience to get you from A to B to case up and down roads a 170mph +.People who want these type of cars should learn to drive and join a formula 1 team
Old 11-01-2009, 09:54   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:

Same argument.

You might not do 170mph but you can be damn sure many people have

done.

The way Ronaldo goes down in the tackle, you'd think John Wayne had already got to him!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
The way Ronaldo goes down in the tackle, you'd think John Wayne had already got to him!

Best Regards - Taggy
Well they did say he was rolling around in the outside lane like he'd been shot by a Japanese snipper, an when quized by the police he said the wall wasn't ten yards way
Old 11-01-2009, 10:13   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaner3 View Post
I have no problem with left hand drive
Ok ... but when you guys from Quebec drive in Ontario, please try to remember that you can make a right turn on a red
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well they did say he was rolling around in the outside lane like he'd been shot by a Japanese snipper, an when quized by the police he said the wall wasn't ten yards way
LOL!!! Nice One!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:28   #39

Quote:
Well why shouldn't I be able to walk around with a hand gun on my belt like John Wayne? Just because I could shoot someone dead does not mean I will do...
Reminds me of the urban legend:
Quote:
A female newscaster is interviewing the leader of a Youth club:

Interviewer: So, Mr. Jones, what are you going to do with these children on this adventure holiday?

Mr Jones: We're going to teach them climbing, abseiling, canoeing, archery, shooting...

Interviewer: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible isn't it?

Jones: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range.

Interviewer: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

Jones: I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm.

Interviewer: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

Jones: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute but you're not one are you?

Needless to say, the interview was terminated almost immediately.
And, of course, its followup...
Quote:
A couple went on vacation to a fishing resort up north. The husband liked to fish at the crack of dawn. The wife liked to read.

One morning the husband returned after several hours of fishing and decided to take a short nap. Although she wasn't familiar with the lake, the wife decided to take the boat out.

She rowed out a short distance, anchored, and returned to reading her book. Along came the sheriff in his boat. He pulled up alongside her and said, "Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading my book" she replies as she thinks to herself, "Isn't it obvious?"

"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informed her.

"But officer, I'm not fishing. Can't you see that?"

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with rape," snapped the irate woman.

"But, I haven't even touched you," groused the sheriff.

"Yes, that's true," she replied, "but you do have all the equipment."

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:24   #40
Senior Member+

a family friend of my brother in law recently got hit by a european trucker whilst parked on the hard shoulder
Old 12-01-2009, 23:53   #41

Quote:
You only have to watch programs on TV such as Road Wars to see what havoc brain dead ******* can do with souped up cars that they can't hand, cars are meant to be a convenience to get you from A to B to case up and down roads a 170mph +.People who want these type of cars should learn to drive and join a formula 1 team

So because some people are fools then it should ruin the fun for the rest of us?

Cars were never suppost to be a convenience, thats why most of the original car companys all made sports cars.

But out of interest, if 170mph is too much then what speed should they be able to do?

Perhaps you might argue that all cars should be electronically limited to 70mph or whatever the local limit is? But then what happens to safe overtaking? if the car in front is doing 60 on a 70mph road and i want to over take im not going to be able to do it in a safe manner with a car restricted to 70.

What most people seem to forget is that its not the 200 mph super cars that get clocked speeding on a daily basis, its the ford focus taking the kids to school etc doing 35 in a 30.
Old 13-01-2009, 10:55   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So because some people are fools then it should ruin the fun for the rest of us?

Cars were never suppost to be a convenience, thats why most of the original car companys all made sports cars.

But out of interest, if 170mph is too much then what speed should they be able to do?

Perhaps you might argue that all cars should be electronically limited to 70mph or whatever the local limit is? But then what happens to safe overtaking? if the car in front is doing 60 on a 70mph road and i want to over take im not going to be able to do it in a safe manner with a car restricted to 70.
What most people seem to forget is that its not the 200 mph super cars that get clocked speeding on a daily basis, its the ford focus taking the kids to school etc doing 35 in a 30.
Well if you keep breaking the 70mph speed limit you won't have a licence long, which seems like a good idea myself. The legal limit to drive on the roads in this country is 70mph. That is why people who bomb up and down the motorways at 100, 110, 120 mph don't hold onto their licenses long, if your caught doing 100+ is an automatic ban and quite right to. If people want to drive these souped up cars a breakneck speeds try Brands Hatch or Silverstone no the M1 and M6
Old 13-01-2009, 11:44   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well if you keep breaking the 70mph speed limit you won't have a licence long, which seems like a good idea myself. The legal limit to drive on the roads in this country is 70mph. That is why people who bomb up and down the motorways at 100, 110, 120 mph don't hold onto their licenses long, if your caught doing 100+ is an automatic ban and quite right to. If people want to drive these souped up cars a breakneck speeds try Brands Hatch or Silverstone no the M1 and M6
Do you drive?

Speed IMO = Time and Place.

IMO 100MPH on a emply motorway at 1am isnt to bad, a higher powered car will handle at that speed no problem, a low powered car will not be so cleaver at that speed.

100Mph on a busy motorway, is dangeress.

I would say 90% of people exceed 70Mph on a motorway.
Old 13-01-2009, 13:04   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
What a load of twodle. So you are saying that to safely over take a car doing 60 you have to break the law? Come on you can think of a better argument than than.

If the speed limit is 70 how can it be ok to drive faster than 70 just so you can over take?
If you can't over take without speeding then it is not a safe place to pass.

Wagons are limited - do we see them crashing because they could not go faster?

I also agree that cars should be speed restricted but I think it should be 80mph and the motor limit raised to 80mph.
Not only that but I think the engines power output should be limited depending on the type of vehicle.

Come on Ian I know you will want to get involved with this one
Old 13-01-2009, 13:19   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I would say 90% of people exceed 70Mph on a motorway.
Do you ever sit at 70mph? If not try it and see how many cars you actually pass, you might be surprised.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..