Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 16:13   #16
Common Sense Member

Re: Real Coppers vs Plastic Coppers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Really don't see how you arrive at that conclusion ? Cheaper yes, but more motivated & better trained ? We're talking a TA mentality here !
Not the best analogy, in my experience.

Many of the TA brigade are more 'army' than real soldiers and take immense pride in the fact that they are defending their country on home soil, whether that is actually the case or not.

I have to wade in here and defend the PCSOs we have in Rishton who are currently re-applying for their own jobs and some sterling work alongside our two 'proper' officers. I am firmly against cutting frontline staff and this would not help the crime situation in our village one bit.

Lose a few chiefs and leave the Indians alone.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2010, 16:28   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Many of the TA brigade are more 'army' than real soldiers and take immense pride in the fact that they are defending their country on home soil, whether that is actually the case or not.
That's because they do it part time ! The novelty of camming up & being all gung ho is great when you only do it a couple of days a week Ken. Not knocking their contribution, it is truly valued, but they are only part timers, I think you find it's the same in all part time pursuits !

How many people enjoy cooking for groups ? Working behind a bar ? It's a buzz, when you do it now & then, but full time it becomes a routine, so you get on with it as a professional will. The Short timers come in give it 110% for a couple of days then go away chill out & do their proper job.The Army(Armed Forces)give 110% every day with nowhere to go for some slack.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 13:19   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Doesn't this just prove the invalidity of PCSO's ?

Policemen posing as PCSOs to catching jeering yobs - Telegraph

So instead of pratting about with deceptive tactics (I'd of thought this rates as entrapment ?) such as these, wouldn't scrapping "Plastic Plods" & employing "Proper Coppers" be better ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..