Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2019, 13:05   #2866
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If the me-jah can be believed (don’t start ) ‘Magic Granpa’ Corbyn refused to attend the state dinner at Buckingham Palace to honour the current President of the US. But then he invited said President to meet with him which, understandably, Trump turned down.
So, can we conclude that Corbyn is happy to meet Trump but cannot bring himself to eat with the Queen?
The man is a solid gold hypocrite...as mentioned in a previous post.
JC is an opportunistic politician, with an eye on the main chance....who wants to be seen as a 'man of the people'.

I am sure that the Queen was quite relieved not to have to sit down at table with this rag-a-muffin Marxist....I know I would be.
The man is not fit to wipe dirt off her shoes(and I am no royalist)
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2019, 13:56   #2867
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The queen said the courage of those who fought on D-Day, the sacrifice etc etc will never be forgotten which is very true, Though that Hypocrite you speak of dont give a toss about those poor souls imho.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:57   #2868
Beacon of light

Cashy...the Peterborough by - election that was created by the sacking of the Tory MP after her gaining a criminal record was won by the Labour candidate...638 votes ahead of the Brexit candidate.
I know that you said if there was a GE JC would not get in.....do you think this is a trend we should be fretting about...it really does worry me...the thought of a labour led coalition would be a disaster for this country.
One which I think would take decades to repair...not fixable in our lifetimes
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:00   #2869
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1228813..it really does worry me...the thought of a labour led coalition would be a disaster for this country.
One which I think would take decades to repair...not fixable in our lifetimes[/QUOTE]

its certainly a frightening prospect. a labour/liberal coalition with corbyn and abbott about. the problem is there a sections of our communities where we both live cannot wait for that day to happen. we both know who they are. as for corbyn and others view of a democtratically elected leader of another country are concerned then they,d be the first in a queue if an african dictator visited our shores.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:27   #2870
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

683 votes is only a narrow victory, dunno what the majority was last time? but bet twas more? considering the brexit party has only been around 6 weeks old i aint that bothered about labour.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:03   #2871
God Member

Just to clarify, Margaret, the disgraced former MP for Peterborough was Labour, so they held the seat. But only just against a party that is barely two months old!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 13:44   #2872
Beacon of light

Oh thanks for that. Always happy to be enlightened.
I mistakenly thought she was Tory as hers was the vote that swung a particular amendment.(had she still been incarcerated, then it would have been even Stevens....but then would Bercow...another traitorous wretch have been called upon to vote?....undoubtedly he would have voted the same way)

Yes, it is a good result for a party that is only a few weeks old...I would have felt more comfortable had bot major parties had a drubbing.
Old 07-06-2019, 13:52   #2873
Beacon of light

After seeing the protests in London and the disgraceful actions of Siobhan Prigent.....calling an elderly gent 'Nazi Scum' in such an aggressive manner, before throwing milkshake over him....this is a sort of fascism that the Labour Party has produced(Momentum is intolerant of any views which do not match up to theirs and are keen to remove Labour moderates from candidacy).....and this 'soft' violence of throwing milkshake is just as worrying and any other kind of violence and abuse.
How long will it be before someone puts something toxic into one of these containers?
Gremlin and monkey hanger like this.
Old 07-06-2019, 14:08   #2874
Beacon of light

I got the numbers wrong too.....duh!
Old 08-06-2019, 08:39   #2875
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
683 votes is only a narrow victory, dunno what the majority was last time? but bet twas more? considering the brexit party has only been around 6 weeks old i aint that bothered about labour.
not bothered about labour on their own as i just cannot see it happening but can see a lab/lib coalition. the brexit party at the minute have the wind in their sails due to the brexit deal that never was. the next few months will see em gaining or loosing support depending on how negotiations go. we,ve reached a point now where people are voting the way they feel about brexit as if it was the one and only issue we have.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:32   #2876
Beacon of light

Labour are most definitely not in a position to get a majority, I don't really think any party can achieve a workable majority, but a Labour/ Lib-Dem coalition would be a worry....it would be a fractious partnership too.....with both parties having their own agendas.
Not something that would be good for either the electorate or the country.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:57   #2877
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The only thing concerns me,is the Brexit Party have NO Manifesto out at this point? if there was to be a Election many people will vote on more than just Brexit,
Old 08-06-2019, 11:05   #2878
Beacon of light

They are only weeks old Cashy so of course they have no manifesto.
But I feel sure that should a general election be called, there would be a manifesto.
Truthfully though, there can be be no real political business done until the Parties ratify Brexit.

Manifesto's.....what do they actually mean? After the vote to leave The EU they all promised in their Manifesto's that the result would be honoured.
Has it been honoured? No...it has not.
Manifesto's are the lies told by politicians to ensnare the electorates votes.....when they get into power they mean diddly squat.
They tell us what they THINK we want to hear....what we need to know.

Like JC telling the young people (a very cynical ploy to get their vote)their tuition fees would be cancelled....but not saying how this would be funded....other than he would tax the rich to the max.

The thing about that is...the rich can move themselves and their money to friendlier environments....taking jobs with them...removing investment.
So that would work well wouldn't it?

As far as people voting on other issues than Brexit....there are still a lot of people who do not vote with their brains, they vote for the banner....regardless of who is under it.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-06-2019 at 11:08.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:20   #2879
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They are only weeks old Cashy so of course they have no manifesto.
But I feel sure that should a general election be called, there would be a manifesto.
Truthfully though, there can be be no real political business done until the Parties ratify Brexit.

Manifesto's.....what do they actually mean? After the vote to leave The EU they all promised in their Manifesto's that the result would be honoured.
Has it been honoured? No...it has not.
Manifesto's are the lies told by politicians to ensnare the electorates votes.....when they get into power they mean diddly squat.
They tell us what they THINK we want to hear....what we need to know.

Like JC telling the young people (a very cynical ploy to get their vote)their tuition fees would be cancelled....but not saying how this would be funded....other than he would tax the rich to the max.

The thing about that is...the rich can move themselves and their money to friendlier environments....taking jobs with them...removing investment.
So that would work well wouldn't it?

As far as people voting on other issues than Brexit....there are still a lot of people who do not vote with their brains, they vote for the banner....regardless of who is under it.
Those that vote for the banner regardless, have the I.Q. of a slug they are totally brainless,
Old 08-06-2019, 12:28   #2880
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right, but they do exist and the parties love them....because they question nothing....they do not think any deeper than the rosette colour.

I do hope that an election is a long way off.
If the new PM(whoever it is) can sort out Brexit(and I think there will be be no movement or concessions from across the channel) then the Brexit party will be neutralised, since that is the whole reason it exists....so we will be back to the status quo as far as parties go.

If we do not get out by October31st then I think there will be some manure coming the way of all the established parties.

The media would have us believe that JC is measuring up.for red curtains for number ten.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..