Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 14:37   #1
I am Banned

Refuge & Hyndburn Homes cuffels

Just rang refuge dept about shifting some rubbish after having central heating installed back in mid january, thing was they had to take 3 kitchen units down to put the boiler in & just left them in the dinning room & said to get the council to shift them - so out in the garden they went, so rings refuge services only to be told they cant shift them as they are council fittings [blumming their contrators that took the things down!!] so gives me their number.

Rings HH up & explain the situation & what refuge dept had said only to put me on hold to find another number to ring for the contractors... me thinking this is becoming a joke.... she comes back on to take my details & they will get onto the contractor to remove the items.

Now is it me or is it a case of pass the parcel over some stupid units that they were going to get rid of anyway this year when they do up the kitchens Geeeeee I decided not to mention the built in council wardrobe door [then debate of ASBESTOs would have to be disgused & getting nowhere again] because no doubt neither dept would remove it as its something that was virtually falling off anyway being 30+ years old.......anyone for a bommy fire
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2007, 14:50   #2
God Member

Re: Refuge & Hyndburn Homes cuffels

This is my greatest annoyance about organizations whether it be public or private, nobody is accountable, it is very very frustrating getting passed from pillar to post.
Old 03-04-2007, 14:54   #3
I am Banned

Yeh my bugbear too Cyfr that was the thing that was annoying me the most & heres me thinking it was a simple thing to do in order that the garden isn't more of an eyesore than it is & with tennancy agreements about rubbish etc - as with 'what a mess' thread prompting me to ring them & they wonder why people just dump rubbish & not ring to get it removed mmm
Old 03-04-2007, 15:14   #4

peoples gardens were we live are becoming like tips and rat runs because of fortnightly collections.
Old 03-04-2007, 15:19   #5
God Member

blackburn have had fortnightly collections for 4 years now, how do you think we feel
Old 03-04-2007, 15:20   #6
God Member

we are only allowed 4 rufuse collections a year, at least you lot can have 1 per month, you think you lot have it hard
Old 03-04-2007, 15:51   #7
I am Banned

up haslingden you have to pay for collections no matter what it is

its a bloody joke
we pay more and more coucil tax each year and get less and less services
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 17:58   #8

we have plenty of space in are wheelie bin because of the amount we recycle but not everyone is prepeard to do so
Old 03-04-2007, 18:00   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
we have plenty of space in are wheelie bin because of the amount we recycle but not everyone is prepeard to do so
LOL enough to put a door in ????

Hey dont be advertising that Davo or else u might end up with the non recyclers using your bin space
Old 03-04-2007, 18:14   #10
Resident Waffler

Cant shift them as they are council fittings? That sounds like a lame excuse.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:32   #11
I am Banned

Well butts shift fast the council fittings were removed 1st thing this morning!!! - Even the door went whoohoo
Old 04-04-2007, 13:03   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

you where lucky!!
ive rung in the past and they say no more than six items, and they wont shift fixtures and fitting!!
i pay my ruddy council tax, what the effinhell for???

is this because im not a council tenant?????????????????
Old 04-04-2007, 13:06   #13
I am Banned

No same applies to council tennants also Panther, seems my polite reminder of their duties & the fact of them breaching my tenancy agreement by allowing it to become a tip - whatever i said worked anyhow surprisingly
Old 04-04-2007, 16:21   #14
God Member

Please forgive my ignorance but can anyone explain what a cuffel is please? I know refuge is meant to be refuse but the cuffel has got me baffled.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 04-04-2007 at 16:25.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 16:25   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Please forgive my ignorance but can anyone explain what a cuffel is please?
A confused mess up ......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..