Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2009, 11:51   #1

Romanian Visitors.

I see our Romanian beggar friends are back in town,watch your wallets!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2009, 06:23   #2

Re: Romanian Visitors.

They are here in Australia now, since Romanian joined the EU 2007, like all EU citizens they can get a three month visa. they are copying cards at the ATMs and pickpocketing. My mother said I never should play with the gypsies in the wood.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 07:10   #3
God Member

Vermin
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 09:23   #4
Give, give, give member

Whilst U.K. tax payer's money continues to be spent on building mansions, in formerly poverty stricken towns in eastern Europe, it's no wonder the mainstream political parties are losing supporters to the B.N.P.

Tandarei: The faraway town fat on UK benefit fraud - Times Online

As soon as any of the major parties realise that the normally liberal British people are sick and tired of this country being taken for a ride, I suspect they'll be on to a winner.

As much as I loathed many of her policies, I can't imagine this happening under Thatcher.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 09:26   #5
Give, give, give member

Here's another story, that accompanied the previous linked story, in last weekend's Sunday Times.

Gangs import children for benefit fraud - Times Online

Old 30-08-2009, 09:30   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Whilst U.K. tax payer's money continues to be spent on building mansions, in formerly poverty stricken towns in eastern Europe, it's no wonder the mainstream political parties are losing supporters to the B.N.P.

Tandarei: The faraway town fat on UK benefit fraud - Times Online

As soon as any of the major parties realise that the normally liberal British people are sick and tired of this country being taken for a ride, I suspect they'll be on to a winner.

As much as I loathed many of her policies, I can't imagine this happening under Thatcher.
Not only that Rindi, but the amount we pay to European Union is increasing because Brown has signed away the rebates that Thatcher fought so hard to get
Old 30-08-2009, 09:49   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Not only that Rindi, but the amount we pay to European Union is increasing because Brown has signed away the rebates that Thatcher fought so hard to get
For once we are in political agreement.

When the people voted whether to enter the Common Market, it was sold as an economic trade alliance. Not what it has become, a vastly expensive extra tier of government. A United States of Europe, which is not what people voted for.

The present government of course broke their promise about a referendum.

I'm sure if we had a referendum tomorrow, giving us the chance to safeguard our independence and sovereignty, and poltically leave Europe, we'd be out. I'd certainly vote to leave. We did quite well for centuries without any close political alliance with Europe.

In the Margaret McKay autobiography I've just been reading about the local suffering that happened in the mid C19th, when the weavers supported the blockade of cotton fron the southern U.S., in support of the north, and the fight to end slavery.

The British do know the difference between right and wrong, and will suffer hardship to ensure that right is victorious, but conversly they hate being taken for a ride, which none of our present mainstream politicans seem able to understand.

Old 30-08-2009, 19:24   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
For once we are in political agreement.

When the people voted whether to enter the Common Market, it was sold as an economic trade alliance. Not what it has become, a vastly expensive extra tier of government. A United States of Europe, which is not what people voted for.

The present government of course broke their promise about a referendum.

I'm sure if we had a referendum tomorrow, giving us the chance to safeguard our independence and sovereignty, and poltically leave Europe, we'd be out. I'd certainly vote to leave. We did quite well for centuries without any close political alliance with Europe.

In the Margaret McKay autobiography I've just been reading about the local suffering that happened in the mid C19th, when the weavers supported the blockade of cotton fron the southern U.S., in support of the north, and the fight to end slavery.

The British do know the difference between right and wrong, and will suffer hardship to ensure that right is victorious, but conversly they hate being taken for a ride, which none of our present mainstream politicans seem able to understand.
Excellent post, Gary. Would've given you some karma for it, but I've got to "spread it around" before I can.

I'm sick and fed up of being called a "racist", "xenophobe", "little Englander" and the like because I despise the EU (on reflection, might let the last one go as I'm little and English ).

As you say, mainstream politicians don't seem to grasp the situation. This is well illustrated by the reactions of the card-carrying Labour/Tory members on this forum. The Tories - Jaysay and AndrewB - seem to be agreeing that we should leave the EU, or at least have some sort of vague semi-detached membership, which is totally contrary to their official party policy. Meanwhile, the Labour members - Graham, Bernard, Clayton Ender, Shilleagh - maintain a deafening silence on the subject. I wonder why?
Old 30-08-2009, 20:37   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'm sick and fed up of being called a "racist", "xenophobe", "little Englander" and the like because I despise the EU
Same here, and like you I can provide testimonials going way back, to prove I fought racism, real racism, from an early age. So they can stick that accusation.

Besides all the dodgy human trafficking, to defraud our social benefits system and the welfare state, as happens quite legally, an eastern European, from within the ever expanding E.E.C., can enter Britain, and....wait for it, without ever having paid a penny into the system, can claim benefit for children who aren't even in the country, but back in Romania, etc.

I detest the B.N.P. and other far-right groups, but whilst we have this ludicrous system in place, where we as a nation give, give, give, and others, who haven't contributed a cent, take, take, take, those in charge in the publicity and recruitment offices of racist organisations, must be rubbing their hands with glee.

Ask 9/10 of the electorate what there biggest fears/concerns are, and after job security, the vast majority will answer immigration, primarily brought about by having an open borders policy, foisted on us by the immensely well paid bureaucrats in Brussels.

The whole thing stinks, and is making this once liberal nation look towards extremism, just as the people of Germany did in the 1920's/30's.

Until the main stream political parties grasp the fact that the people of this country are totally fed up with being shafted, then this situation will only get worse. Making our future look very bleak indeed.

Old 30-08-2009, 21:22   #10
Super Moderator

Quite agree, so why can't we make a start by holding a referendum, not on the European Constitution, but on whether or not we want to stay in the EU at all? Neither the Labour or Tory parties will agree to this...maybe our Accyweb politicos will tell us why?
Old 30-08-2009, 23:36   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite agree, so why can't we make a start by holding a referendum, not on the European Constitution, but on whether or not we want to stay in the EU at all? Neither the Labour or Tory parties will agree to this...maybe our Accyweb politicos will tell us why?
Referendum thats a joke.......if they promise ya one they have already proved they wheedle out of em.
Old 31-08-2009, 04:47   #12
Senior Member+

every friday, before the afternoon prayers at the grimshaw st mosque these two romanian women seem to have found themselves a spot to beg from muslims going into pray for the main prayer of the week.

they've been taught the whole brother please help please brother thing and its like if you really were muslims you too would go and pray rather than stand out to beg.

i'm surprised the police cant move them along
Old 31-08-2009, 09:56   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
every friday, before the afternoon prayers at the grimshaw st mosque these two romanian women seem to have found themselves a spot to beg from muslims going into pray for the main prayer of the week.

they've been taught the whole brother please help please brother thing and its like if you really were muslims you too would go and pray rather than stand out to beg.

i'm surprised the police cant move them along
The police move them on mani, you and I know that will never happen, they're frightened to death of the dogooders
Old 31-08-2009, 13:30   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Referendum thats a joke.......if they promise ya one they have already proved they wheedle out of em.
Quite right, they have, I was saying what should happen. Unfortunately this Labour government have broken their promise to give us a referendum on the European Constitution. Brown didn't even have the bottle to sign it at the official ceremony, along with the other EU leaders. He just slunk in and out later on, hoping no one would notice. Meanwhile Cameron is already prevaricating about his promise to give us a referendum if he gets in, by saying it might not be possible if the treaty's been ratified in October.

Interesting that no one's been on this thread to speak up in support of the EU. As EU membership is official Labour and Conservative party policy, you'd have expected our resident party members would be here defending the policy that they presumably support. But not a peep (apart from Jaysay who seems to have his own rather unique interpretation of Tory policy ).

Funny how they're all so quiet, isn't it?
Old 31-08-2009, 15:12   #15
Senior Member+

we had a born again christianity leaflet through the door a couple of months ago and (this is no joke) It said ''jesus will destroy the EU and all its supporters when he returns'' Wondering what jesus has against the EU lol
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..