Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By taddy
  • 1 Post By Mark2009
  • 2 Post By Lost in Cornwall
  • 1 Post By HOTPOT47
  • 1 Post By Greeny
  • 1 Post By taddy
  • 1 Post By Greeny

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2023, 18:29   #1
Junior Member+

Rose Grove

I was a fireman at Rose Grove MPD from early Jan63 till about 1965 when some of us moved down South, any one on here worked at Rose Grove??
HOTPOT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2023, 09:00   #2

Re: Rose Grove

[QUOTE=HOTPOT47;1275699]I was a fireman at Rose Grove MPD from early Jan63 till about 1965 when some of us moved down South, any one on here worked at Rose Grove?

What does MPD mean ?
HOTPOT47 likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2023, 16:29   #3

Meat Pie Dinner ?
taddy likes this.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2023, 07:51   #4

Think it might be Motive Power Depot so something to do woth the railway.
taddy and HOTPOT47 like this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2023, 19:59   #5
Junior Member+

[QUOTE=taddy;1275702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTPOT47 View Post
I was a fireman at Rose Grove MPD from early Jan63 till about 1965 when some of us moved down South, any one on here worked at Rose Grove?

What does MPD mean ?
As lost in Cornwall say's Motive Power Depot, its where there the steam engine went for coal,cleaning out the fire, water and other thing's
taddy likes this.
Old 24-11-2023, 12:06   #6
Full Member+

Its a long shot but my late husband was also a fireman at Rose Grove ,I thin he started in 1963. David Greenhalgh was his name but sadly died two years ago with Covid

Diane Greenhalgh
HOTPOT47 likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2023, 12:17   #7

[QUOTE=HOTPOT47;1275711][QUOTE=taddy;1275702]

As lost in Cornwall say's Motive Power Depot, its where there the steam engine went for coal,cleaning out the fire, water and other thing's

Thanks for that, ok I am 76 but as the saying goes, "You are never to old to learn.
HOTPOT47 likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 11:51   #8
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Its a long shot but my late husband was also a fireman at Rose Grove ,I thin he started in 1963. David Greenhalgh was his name but sadly died two years ago with Covid

Diane Greenhalgh
Diane I knew your husband we worked together at the shed but I left about May 65 to go and work down south before they shut the shed down when end of steam came into force and I am sorry that he past away we had some great time's trying to hide from the foreman and keep warm on the loco's in the shed in winter
Old 03-12-2023, 10:51   #9
Full Member+

So what is your name ? Do you know Mick Kelly he also was a fireman at Rose Grove and a very good friend of Davids.
Old 08-12-2023, 20:17   #10
Junior Member+

MY name is Roy Kirkham and no I don't know a Mick Kelly I must have left before Mick I moved down to Kings Cross to work from there
Old 09-12-2023, 16:21   #11
Full Member+

thanks
HOTPOT47 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..