Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 21:49   #61
Resident Waffler

Re: Rubbish - again!

Well I'm just a well-behaved Willow and only put in the sacks what HBC says we are allowed to put in the sacks even if I don't know why, that way I can't get in bother.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2006, 21:54   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Well I'm just a well-behaved Willow and only put in the sacks what HBC says we are allowed to put in the sacks even if I don't know why, that way I can't get in bother.
Me too but I once put a strawberry plastic punnet in the blue bag, do you think that would have been allowed??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 22:21   #63
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
OK it's (hopefully) only a one-off but it's going to have a knock on effect if we have to store the surplus until the following fortnight.
Ok so I have only read this first post but before I read the reast the first thing that springs to mind is, have you made a phone call and asked how you ars supposed to manage. Maybe they have changed your routine for some typical 'good' HBC reason and are expecting you to put out extra bags. If so you know what t hat means don't you? Spring cleaning time
Old 12-03-2006, 22:31   #64
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I have two Guinea Pigs that need cleaning out regularly, I don't think their mess can be recycled and it amounts to half a bin bag bag ech time.
Just make sure the guinea pigs are in the bin bag next time Miss T. Belle and you will no longer have that problem.
Old 12-03-2006, 22:34   #65
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Ok so I have only read this first post but before I read the reast the first thing that springs to mind is, have you made a phone call and asked how you ars supposed to manage. Maybe they have changed your routine for some typical 'good' HBC reason and are expecting you to put out extra bags. If so you know what t hat means don't you? Spring cleaning time
Not had chance to phone them yet as the leaflet came Friday and they've been shut fer t'weekend. I shall be on the blower in the morning to see where we stand with the extra junk this time.

Old 12-03-2006, 22:36   #66
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
its to do with the spines on them being so thick it actually jams the machine up, its the same for catalogues. And the reason they don't want envelopes in the recycling is the gum actually gunks the machine up too!!!
Then they should have bought a proper machine. If its paper it goes in the bag in my house. They did not want you to crush up cans 'cus the bailing machine had a problem with crushed cans, stuff 'em. Same response, buy a machine that will do the job correctly.
Old 12-03-2006, 22:37   #67
Give, give, give member

Iasked for recycling sacks and boxes eighteen months ago, which never arrived.

Just let them try and fine me for putting paper and plastic in my wheelie bin.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 22:39   #68
God Member

Hey as chav would say, stuff the lot of em, and they should have a machine that sorts the whole bloody lot out from your normal rubbish then there would be none of this keeping no end of boxes and bags and wheelie bins all over the place

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 22:43   #69
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Just looked at mine and we have swopped as well. The letter about it is from Cllr Ann Scaithe. Give her a ring Willow now on 01254 889536 and ask her . Tell her you can't sleep for worring about it
Old 12-03-2006, 22:45   #70
God Member

Quote:
Just make sure the guinea pigs are in the bin bag next time Miss T. Belle and you will no longer have that problem.
You don't really mean that Mr. Rhyddings Park Pet Keeper ......... do you?
Old 12-03-2006, 22:49   #71
God Member

now you know where pet's corner's guinea pigs have gone tinks!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 22:54   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
now you know where pet's corner's guinea pigs have gone tinks!!!
Hang on Red BRB ........ Just on phone to R.S.P.C.A.
Old 12-03-2006, 23:14   #73
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
You don't really mean that Mr. Rhyddings Park Pet Keeper ......... do you?
Sorry to upset you tinks but I am not a park pet keeper. Other friends will be but not me.
Old 13-03-2006, 15:00   #74
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Willow, I have just called the Cleansing Dept as a service to all AccyWeb Members. They will be taking away black bags of rubbish on the first collection after any changes. So like I said 'Spring Cleaning Time'

I also suggested that they could have saved themselves many phone calls if they had put that on the letter. The reply I got was typical. They said that they had not seen the letter untill it had been sent out and that they would have put the information in it. They have received hundreds of calls about this already.

Like I said in another thread
Quote:
Oh and I will tell you what else is wrong will Councils while I am having a moan. Letting you Councillors make decisions about things you know nothing about....
Well done Cllr Ann Scaithe for sending out a completely useless letter that only confused and even upset many Hyndburn residents.
Old 13-03-2006, 16:59   #75
Resident Waffler

ROFL. I rang the council too Neil! Probably about the same time you were posting this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..