Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2005, 14:44   #16

Re: Sarah's Law

Exactly Willow. Laws are different in our countries and as you say the age of consent is 16 in England. I know plenty of my contempories at 15 years old were having sex with their girlfriends of the same age. I should think that many men are lucky that they were not prosecuted then and have to live with the stigma, often misinterpreted as something else, of being a sex offender.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2005, 17:07   #17
Resting in peace

This highlights the problem of "naming and shaming". Girls of 15 go out on the pull, they look at least 18, and how is a man to know? Should he ask for a birth certificate before she comes across? - because he can be put on the paedophile register. The answer surely is not to let them out! Don't forget, Sarah's Law is so called because a convicted sex offender was let out of prison and went on to rape and murder Sarah Payne.

As for it being a disease, and not being able to help themselves, simple - they must agree to castration - full castration, not chemical castration, which could be stopped at any time. I know that applies only to men, but it has to be said that men commit the majority of such crimes.

So, either lock them up permanently, or let's have their b***s off, perhaps both. Then there will be no need at all for vigilante action, and no one else will suffer the fallout.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 17:08   #18
Resting in peace

By the way, in the above response, when I said "The answer is not to let them out" - I meant paedophiles, not teenage girls under the age of consent!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 22:14   #19
I am Banned

the pervert who pixie is refering to worked for a helpline for children run by the council

he now lives on a street right next to a school and on the same street as a church that holds events for children

the best part is he moved onto the street without informing the police which he was required to do before moving anywhere

he was find a few weeks ago of the total sum of £50 for failing to notify the police and his probabtion officer of his change of address

for the bargain price of £50 he is now in pervert heaven surrounded by all the little boys and girls he could ever want

shouldnt he have been moved as well as fined ...?

Last edited by chav1; 26-04-2005 at 22:42.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..