Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00   #31
Loz

Re: Sasha:Beauty Queen at 11

What happened to doing well at school maybe going to college and uni and getting good grades or working hard,paying your way and having a successful career?
Wanting to be famous is a pipe dream for many people who are seriously going to regret not getting a good education etc... in years to come.
Reality t.v has a lot to answer for imo.
Fair enough if you have a natural talent for something and you work hard but try and follow your dream at the same time but when your ambition is to go on big brother to get famous then you are seriously deluded!
Old 02-08-2008, 17:23   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
What happened to doing well at school maybe going to college and uni and getting good grades or working hard,paying your way and having a successful career?
Wanting to be famous is a pipe dream for many people who are seriously going to regret not getting a good education etc... in years to come.
Fair enough if you have a natural talent for something and you work hard but try and follow your dream at the same time but when your ambition is to go on big brother to get famous then you are seriously deluded!

well said.....
Old 02-08-2008, 21:23   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
To be fair, students get so much criticism in this area that it is no wonder why people just go straight into rubbish jobs for the rest of their lives instead. I can't even count on both of my hands the amount of times someone has criticised me on here for being a student, and it isn't just me either but also Andrewb and even Shakermaker at times. It seems that the moment you show passion for learning on this forum you are mocked and told to enter 'the real world', and clearly the opposite of our world is in fact clinging on to dreams of being on reality tv shows or winning the lottery.

The individuals aren't to blame, it is the attitudes of society that create these people, and the only reason people like andrew and I do go to university and care about the subjects we study is because we're basically sticking to fingers up to society.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 23:44   #34
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
To be fair, students get so much criticism in this area that it is no wonder why people just go straight into rubbish jobs for the rest of their lives instead. I can't even count on both of my hands the amount of times someone has criticised me on here for being a student, and it isn't just me either but also Andrewb and even Shakermaker at times. It seems that the moment you show passion for learning on this forum you are mocked and told to enter 'the real world', and clearly the opposite of our world is in fact clinging on to dreams of being on reality tv shows or winning the lottery.

The individuals aren't to blame, it is the attitudes of society that create these people, and the only reason people like andrew and I do go to university and care about the subjects we study is because we're basically sticking to fingers up to society.
Wrong...again.

People face criticism on this forum for saying foolish things, regardless of who they are.

I suspect lots of people on here are actually graduates, not undergraduates, who have yet to gain their degree.

Still more people were probably never in an ivory tower, from which they could pontificate their meaningless diatribes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 00:19   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Wrong...again.

People face criticism on this forum for saying foolish things, regardless of who they are.

I suspect lots of people on here are actually graduates, not undergraduates, who have yet to gain their degree.

Still more people were probably never in an ivory tower, from which they could pontificate their meaningless diatribes.

oh well , we have had a quiet week or so , looks like she's back
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:27   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
oh well , we have had a quiet week or so , looks like she's back
Thats exactly what crossed my mind SJ
Old 03-08-2008, 09:36   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats exactly what crossed my mind SJ
yep, its worse than a case of crabs/lice , then you can get a bottle of 'Rid' from the chemists or take a Gillette to shut of them ...in the case of "B'" there is no cure , just more irritation
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 22:15   #38

Thumbs down Re: Sasha:Beauty Queen at 11

iiyahh, i actually saw sasha in burnley in fusion (under 18s) and it might off just been me, but she looked quite shy :/ i wasnt sure if it was her at first, but then i ended up standing next to her, and had a closer look and it was actually her. i was going to say something but i ended up not doing, dont know why haha <3
Old 27-04-2010, 22:33   #39
God Member

A strange place, Burnley.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 09:21   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
A strange place, Burnley.
Better not comment really

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..