Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2005, 20:36   #1
God Member

Saturday Night!!

Can't believe another Saturday night and i'm stuck in. The reason being, I can't think of anything better to do! I'm fed up with Accy Town Centre, I've done the Church, Ossy, Harwood, Blackburn and I'm fed up of going for meals anybody any recommendations to save my social life PLEASE???
Old 12-02-2005, 20:55   #2

Re: Saturday Night!!

Why not venture further afield? Bolton and Preston are good nights out, and because they are student towns everything is pretty cheap, drinkswise. I have happy pre-baby memories there...
Old 12-02-2005, 22:12   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
Why not venture further afield? Bolton and Preston are good nights out, and because they are student towns everything is pretty cheap, drinkswise. I have happy pre-baby memories there...
preston is ok apart from getting a taxi home . theres not a taxi insight after 1 i ended up forking out 50 quid at that taxi office near the warehouse and the driver wasnt even a registered taxi driver . It might cost a bit more but blackpool is the best for a night out and theres always plenty of options over there . Ive heard rochdale is pretty good , i used to like wigan but aint been in a while
Old 12-02-2005, 22:21   #4

also not sure how much longer but jumpin jaks is meant to be reopening as lava ignite . they have one in burnley and it looks a decent club with half decent djs and music and a smartly done place so at least another half decent club besides heaven and hell . Another night out is clitheroe its a decent night probably better if your female as the lads over there dont seem to like lads from out of town round there
Old 12-02-2005, 22:25   #5
God Member

I used to live in Avenham in Preston for a while but missed Accy too much. I'm not into clubs prefer pubs with late lincenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
Old 12-02-2005, 22:27   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
also not sure how much longer but jumpin jaks is meant to be reopening as lava ignite . they have one in burnley and it looks a decent club with half decent djs and music and a smartly done place so at least another half decent club besides heaven and hell . Another night out is clitheroe its a decent night probably better if your female as the lads over there dont seem to like lads from out of town round there
Keep meaning to give Burnley a go only been before and after matches never had a proper night out there
Old 12-02-2005, 22:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Keep meaning to give Burnley a go only been before and after matches never had a proper night out there
ive only been a few times recently i went college there so got fed up of the place and it went downhill when angels shut that was one of the best clubs ive been in . my only advice is dont go on a sunday night been twice and the place was dead but they do have some cheap pubs
Old 12-02-2005, 22:38   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
ive only been a few times recently i went college there so got fed up of the place and it went downhill when angels shut that was one of the best clubs ive been in . my only advice is dont go on a sunday night been twice and the place was dead but they do have some cheap pubs
Where does everybody go on a Sunday night? Went out the last Bank Holiday Sunday and Accy was dead too. It used to be the main night, get blind drunk then watch fight night on Church St. lol!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 22:49   #9

Quote:
Where does everybody go on a Sunday night? Went out the last Bank Holiday Sunday and Accy was dead too. It used to be the main night, get blind drunk then watch fight night on Church St. lol!!!
lol i tend to stay away from there at the end of the night better off going back up the top end for a lock in and cheaper beer . last time i was down on a bank hol it was packed out but that was last year , blackburn is meant to be busy sunday nights or just go round ossy or harwood etc ive been going round accy every sunday for the last few weeks and its been dead all day so been going round intack at night but thats another place to have eyes in the back of your head lol
Old 12-02-2005, 23:02   #10
Full Member+

Talking Re: Saturday Night!!

Burnleys usually a good night out. Decent selection of bars and clubs. I usually spend new years eve down there, Walkabout and Paradise island are good for chart/party music and theres even an indie type place, but I hav`nt tried that yet and yup I stayed in tonight as well. Too cold and wet to go out!!
Old 13-02-2005, 15:27   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Manchester is a decent night, not that I get to go out on Saturday night these days. More often than not I'll be working.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2005, 17:51   #12
land of hope and glory

and so you should be working lettie,just think about that nice holiday fishing in lake taupau new zealand fantastic!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2005, 17:54   #13
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

The thought of NZ is the only thing keeping me going Staggers. Doubt I'll be doing much fishing though....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2005, 17:58   #14
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
The thought of NZ is the only thing keeping me going Staggers. Doubt I'll be doing much fishing though....
and dont forget your excess baggage lettie.....me...then i can show sparks how to fly fish!!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005, 09:24   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I used to live in Avenham in Preston for a while but missed Accy too much. I'm not into clubs prefer pubs with late lincenses.
Hey Tinkerbelle we used to live down Frenchwood and used to go to Brockholes school ...
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..