Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2006, 19:56   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Saver Card!!??

On the way home today, getting on the bus with my two kids, i said the usual, and asked for '1 and 2 halfs', the driver looked at me stupid and asked for my daughters "SAVER CARD" ,now i only get on the bus once a month cuz we have a car, so this puzzled me!
he said that my daughter needs a saver card cuz she is 14 or over and they now use them for I D. so they can get on for half fare, like kids should, or i will have to pay full adult fare!
BUT MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY BLOODY 12!!
she does not look 14 to me, she doesnt parade about full of make-up, doesnt wear high heels, or anything which would say she looks older, but she is 5 FT 8in could that be it i wonder??,
why should i pay for a card to prove that my child is under 16.
if she was 14 then yes i would get one so they would believe that she is still at school, but shes not she 12!!
this is just another way for lancashire united to get more money as they are asking for £2.00 for this card, i know its not a lot but you also need 2 passport pics too, how much are they now??, like i said earlier i dont use the buses often and i dont know why i should folk out for summat that my child does not need yet!!, just to show some driver, cuz they cant tell how old these kids are. I think its just bloody STUPID!

Last edited by panther; 19-04-2006 at 20:04.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2006, 20:15   #2
Always EVIL within us

Re: Saver Card!!??

I can understand your anger panther and it is Lancashire United at fault, NOT the driver. You must appreciate that the driver is not trained to recognise the age of passengers and although it may be obvious to you, your daughter may give the impression of being 14 especially being so tall!

A few years back, I worked for Arriva down south and their policy was to trust implicitly the age given by a passenger and in training, I was told that if a 30 year old woman boarded the bus and said her age was 13, we were not to query it but give her a childs ticket. ridiculous, but it prevented anger from their customers.

So if you go south and board an Arriva bus, just say you are 13 (unless you have an old age pensioners pass )
Old 19-04-2006, 20:22   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
I can understand your anger panther and it is Lancashire United at fault, NOT the driver. You must appreciate that the driver is not trained to recognise the age of passengers and although it may be obvious to you, your daughter may give the impression of being 14 especially being so tall!

A few years back, I worked for Arriva down south and their policy was to trust implicitly the age given by a passenger and in training, I was told that if a 30 year old woman boarded the bus and said her age was 13, we were not to query it but give her a childs ticket. ridiculous, but it prevented anger from their customers.

So if you go south and board an Arriva bus, just say you are 13 (unless you have an old age pensioners pass )
yep Busman this is the norm in London..all under 15yrs is free..you do need to carry an ID card but it is done on the swipe/auto you worked in London so you know what I mean

Last edited by Driller; 19-04-2006 at 20:24.
Driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 22:12   #4
Resting In Peace

I agree with Busman, I was employed by Hyndburn Transport for almost 25 years and the policy there was to give the customer what they ask for. I think it is Lancashire United's way of getting more money from an already over charged public. So much for the de regulation of public transport, It was much better for everyone before 1986 and Mrs Thatcher's stupidity.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2006, 15:33   #5

I've got the same problem with my 14 year old daughter. But rather then give the bus company the £2, get ID from Accrington town hall. It still costs the same but at least the bus company didn't get it. Photo's are £3 from the booths or £5 from Garth Dawsons.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..