Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2011, 14:33   #1
Resting in Peace

Scottish Referendum

BBC News - Alex Salmond issuing SNP conference independence call

Alex Salmon is sabre rattling again about a referendum in Scotland on independence, it could be an idea if the vote was afforded to us down here in England too, I'm sure there are a lot of use down here would love Scotland to go it alone, then we'd see just how long there would be free universities, free prescriptions, free care for the elderly, if they weren't getting a hell of a site more subsidies per head than us poor saps down here and were having to raise all the money themselves, bring it on Alex bring it on
Old 22-10-2011, 15:58   #2
God Member

Re: Scottish Referendum

ha ha i wouldnt take anything he says serious he wouldnt have the bottle to go independent i kept telling the same thin g up here till i looked into it when its worked out scotland has only got 5 million people and the amount of tax revenue per head [not everybody that works but percentage with per head population] scotland raises ten times more per head so thats an urban myth .but it would still be a waste of money
Old 22-10-2011, 15:59   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Aye. That skirt wearing piece of Jock excrement needs a few sharp reminders. Firstly, that the union with England needs both parties to consent to a seperation. I've no doubt though, that a referendum now in both countries would probably produce 60% in favour in Scotland and 90% in England.

Secondly, I doubt if his followers will be to happy to get the bill for their fair share of the UK national debt - about £80bn for them as a minimum estimate. Add on to that the cost of bailing out the Edinburgh based banks RBS and HBoS and you can stick another '0' on the potential liabilities on the Tartan balance sheet. And if England wants to be really awkward, we could always add compound interest to the money we lent them in bailing out their economy at the time of their crazy Panama venture ( by my calculations, that now comes to just under £100trillion).

After all that lot, I can't really see the fat German cleaning lady Mrs Merkel being to enthusiastic in paying Caledonia's bills. Even their old allies. the Frogs, who are currently quite happy to let the Germans send blank cheques to the Greeks, Eye-Ties and Dagos, may well hesitate at that one.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 19:42   #4
God Member

dont think so 60% scotland no chance more like when push comes to shove 60% will vote in favour of keeping with the union. i think if you want to talk about tax the oil revenue thats went to wesminster would more than paid for everything as scotland has only got a population of 5 million to englands 50 million plus alex salmond is an idiot fact he only gets away with things up here as all the serious politicians are at westminster..
Old 23-10-2011, 09:06   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
dont think so 60% scotland no chance more like when push comes to shove 60% will vote in favour of keeping with the union. i think if you want to talk about tax the oil revenue thats went to wesminster would more than paid for everything as scotland has only got a population of 5 million to englands 50 million plus alex salmond is an idiot fact he only gets away with things up here as all the serious politicians are at westminster..
Bet your bottom dollar the jocks will want to stay within the Union, they know which side their breads buttered, usually both sides
Old 23-10-2011, 13:33   #6
God Member

too right, why fix something thats not broke would my daughter need a dual nationality passport lol alex salmond is building himself up for a big big fall let it roll he is flawed in everthing he says he started with the celtic tiger[ireland] now theyve gone bust hes moved it on to norway the highest taxed country in the world he says the richest yes only the few have got the money hes an idiot..

Last edited by cmonstanley; 23-10-2011 at 13:36.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 13:35   #7
I am Banned

Groove thinks if the jocks get there own parliament, labour would be lucky to get in power ever again in England.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 13:46   #8
God Member

pmsl grooves on the groove
Old 23-10-2011, 13:49   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

It's Salmonds stock in trade, he's always banging on about Scottish Independence. If that's What The Scots want all well & good let them have it, but in all honesty I can't see them doing so the majority understand the benefits of union so won't be rushing out to vote for their "Freedom" from the tyranny of England, 1296 was quite a while ago.
Old 23-10-2011, 17:22   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It's Salmonds stock in trade, he's always banging on about Scottish Independence. If that's What The Scots want all well & good let them have it, but in all honesty I can't see them doing so the majority understand the benefits of union so won't be rushing out to vote for their "Freedom" from the tyranny of England, 1296 was quite a while ago.
Well if they do decide on independence from the sasanachs there will be plenty of englishmen willing to help rebuild the wall
Old 23-10-2011, 21:28   #11
God Member

ironic half the population of england have some sort of scottish decent same as a lot of scottish have english descent dont let alex salmon fool you. the majority of scottish dont care about independence they were too busy getting bribed by frozen council tax etc when that stops itll be a different story.braveheart is the worst film ever made it brought up a generation of braveheart believers and dreamers same as the sun newspaper up here brainwashing numpties i still think salmond is corrupt as the next politician and hasnt been caught yet or it is the ace up somebodies sleeve...
Old 23-10-2011, 22:44   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

I thought the Battle of Stirling Bridge was in '97
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 09:07   #13
Resting in Peace

[quote=cmonstanley;941980] sun newspaper up here brainwashing numpties i quote]
Take it you read it every day then
Old 24-10-2011, 10:11   #14
Common Sense Member

I personally would quite happily allow Scotland, Wales and even Northern Ireland complete independence, providing it was COMPLETE independence.

Seems to me that Mr Salmond wants Scotland to become the biggest charity in Great Britain.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 10:26   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I personally would quite happily allow Scotland, Wales and even Northern Ireland complete independence, providing it was COMPLETE independence.

Seems to me that Mr Salmond wants Scotland to become the biggest charity in Great Britain.
Oh come on Ken they're already that

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..