Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 17:41   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Second Life: Paedophiles!!!

Second Life: Threat Of Paedophiles - Sky News Video Player
im sorry but im just gobsmacked....its just disgusting
Old 05-03-2008, 18:07   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Second Life: Paedophiles!!!

I suppose they get everywhere and the appeal of a virtual existence is that you can pretend to be someone you are not and nobody knows any different.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 18:13   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Second Life: Threat Of Paedophiles - Sky News Video Player
im sorry but im just gobsmacked....its just disgusting
What sick B******s get plesure out of this sort of thing, the mind boggles. It only goes to show that for every thing good about the www there are many others which make you think is it worth it to let these perverts get their kicks in these so caled vertual chat rooms
Old 05-03-2008, 18:15   #4
God Member

You know, this one is an easy reply......................very simple...........SHUT THE SITE DOWN!!!! duh

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 18:21   #5
Member.

This was aired on ITV some months ago. It's worrying that we can censer people from expressing political concerns or opinions on race and immigration, yet free enterprise can allows this to continue unabated. After the ITV airing the site owners said they had no idea about this situation but had removed the area from the programme. Yeah right.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 18:23   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
This was aired on ITV some months ago. It's worrying that we can censer people from expressing political concerns or opinions on race and immigration, yet free enterprise can allows this to continue unabated. After the ITV airing the site owners said they had no idea about this situation but had removed the area from the programme. Yeah right.
Well its happened again. I'm sorry, but, if a site has no idea what is happening on their OWN site, then I think they should be shut down. It's happened a second time.........now is the time to get rid IMO

Miracles do happen!!

Old 05-03-2008, 18:27   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Well its happened again. I'm sorry, but, if a site has no idea what is happening on their OWN site, then I think they should be shut down. It's happened a second time.........now is the time to get rid IMO
I’m not defending them Madam, just reporting what was said at the time. I totally agree with you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-03-2008, 18:29   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I’m not defending them Madam, just reporting what was said at the time. I totally agree with you.
OH HECK......why is it so difficult on here sometimes to show what you mean I didn't think for one minute you was defending them....sorry if thats how it sounded in post Doug

I was just quoting your post to point out it had happened twice now.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 05-03-2008, 18:32   #9
Member.

Quote:
OH HECK......why is it so difficult on here sometimes to show what you mean I didn't think for one minute you was defending them....sorry if thats how it sounded in post Doug

I was just quoting your post to point out it had happened twice now.

No worries Slinky, it's me jumping the gun. Sorry Suger.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 06-03-2008, 18:25   #10
God Member

Quote:
You know, this one is an easy reply......................very simple...........SHUT THE SITE DOWN!!!! duh
i agree and disagree

i agree because it would upset a lot of sad no life people who can only function via a computer game rather than step outside and meet real people

i disagree because if we shut it down to stop perverts then shouldnt we abolish the church , playgrounds , scouts etc etc

mind you if you shut the churches down that would put %90 of pedophiles out of work
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 18:29   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i agree and disagree

i agree because it would upset a lot of sad no life people who can only function via a computer game rather than step outside and meet real people

i disagree because if we shut it down to stop perverts then shouldnt we abolish the church , playgrounds , scouts etc etc

mind you if you shut the churches down that would put %90 of pedophiles out of work
I understand what you mean, BUT, it would be an impossibly to shut ALL churches, play ground and scouts etc. Shutting one sick senseless web site, that is ruining people's lives and giving sick werido's sexual gratification, would take 2 minutes. As I have said, they have been found out before, it's happened again!! get it off the web, and let there be lessons learned.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 06-03-2008, 18:41   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

there is also terrorist sites n allsorts on the web, the whole bloody lot should be shut down - end of.
Old 06-03-2008, 18:43   #13
God Member

Quote:

Shutting it down would move the issue not deal with it.

Not to mention it ruins the huge minority of peoples fun who use the site.

If there was somebody on here like that, surely you'd be advocating removing and dealing with them, not shutting down Accringtonweb?

Also, Secondlife is for 18+ year olds not 10 year olds.
Old 06-03-2008, 18:51   #14
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post

Also, Secondlife is for 18+ year olds not 10 year olds.
A kid could easily get on, they dont ask for proof of age, they just say they are over 18
Old 06-03-2008, 18:56   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
A kid could easily get on, they dont ask for proof of age, they just say they are over 18
Yep!! exactly. the reporter on the news signed up. Then he made a young girls profile, then he went into this USERS house, that had sex toys on the bed. he told the USER that he was in fact a young school girl. It's disgusting. As for keeping the site because people like it, well yes, a lot of pedophiles like sites where kids are exploited......shall we keep all them too?? because shutting them drives the problem away?? and because it's only for adult viewing??

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..