Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2005, 08:32   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Severe Weather.

Aww c'mon Willow;I can't tell you yet.It would spoil it for everyone else!.
Old 24-02-2005, 08:35   #17
Give, give, give member

It does make you laugh every time it snows its 'Artic' conditions sweeping the country. l can't wait for the ice caps to melt. London will be gone completely, Hynburn will survive as a group of wet soggy islands like the Orkneys. People will want to hang their washing on the Coppice earth works as they'll catch a fine breeze.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 08:39   #18
Senior Member+

A-B,if Bolton Avenue has lost it's appeal you can enjoy the spectacle of the recycling team trying to negotiate the bin wagon down the streets near Peel Park;it's a bit like a bizarre slalom event with blue boxes thrown in!
Old 24-02-2005, 08:40   #19
God Member

Old 24-02-2005, 08:43   #20
God Member

When taking my son to school this morning I was soooo suprised when he turned round and said ''guess we will have to stop in at break time again'', I asked why and he said ''cos we are not allowed to play out in the snow''. THEN YOU WONDER WHY KIDS ARE GROWING UP SOFT. When I was at school we could be six feet under the snow and we were made to play out while the teachers stayed in the office drinking warm coffee by the fire!!! but we enjoyed it cos thats what kids do!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 08:45   #21
God Member

it never fails to astonish me that an inch or so of snow can cause so much disruption. I notice that this week there is a ski-ing resort in the US which is trumpeting the fact that they have had 24 to 36 inches of snowfall - this week! How would we go on if it was like that here? Severe weather indeed! Southern Drama Queens more like!
Old 24-02-2005, 08:53   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
When taking my son to school this morning I was soooo suprised when he turned round and said ''guess we will have to stop in at break time again'', I asked why and he said ''cos we are not allowed to play out in the snow''. THEN YOU WONDER WHY KIDS ARE GROWING UP SOFT. When I was at school we could be six feet under the snow and we were made to play out while the teachers stayed in the office drinking warm coffee by the fire!!! but we enjoyed it cos thats what kids do!!
When I went to school we used to have snowball fights, and when I mentioned this to my wife (who takes our son to school), she told me that they are not allowed to do this.

Apparently it's dangerous.

I really worry about this country sometimes

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 08:54   #23
Give, give, give member

I seem to remembered it has snowed before in living memory, yet we are always taken by suprise @ grind to a halt. The rest of the world seems to cope without such a fuss, l ve just shouted at some silly kids for trying to skate on the ice @ the nature reserve, l won't say what they shouted back.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 08:56   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
When I went to school we used to have snowball fights, and when I mentioned this to my wife (who takes our son to school), she told me that they are not allowed to do this.

Apparently it's dangerous.

I really worry about this country sometimes
Yes your wife is right!! When I took my sons into the school play ground the head mistress was telling then ''don't throw snow balls'' then doing a really bad job of showing them how to have fun in the snow without throwing it!!!........................the kids just stared at her like she had grown a second head!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 09:05   #25
God Member

What was she doing?
Old 24-02-2005, 09:05   #26

Don't Eat Yellow Snow
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 09:06   #27
mez
God Member

i used to love it when it snowed as pendy will verify, we used to throw snowballs at the girls who came out of paddock house, cos they wore their motorboard hats then, he he he must say i admit to getting one or two hats off.
Old 24-02-2005, 09:07   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
What was she doing?
KICKING IT AROUND ON THE FLOOR lets just say I think she may have got her head kicked of the bigger kids after I left the yard. DAFT MOO

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 09:10   #29
God Member

What planet do these people live on?
Old 24-02-2005, 09:11   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
i used to love it when it snowed as pendy will verify, we used to throw snowballs at the girls who came out of paddock house, cos they wore their motorboard hats then, he he he must say i admit to getting one or two hats off.
now now mez, kids maybe reading this thread, and they are encouraged not to take part in snow ball fights. Do you know how many injuries there have been reported through throwing the soft snow that falls from our sky!!! there have been loss off eyeballs.........serious head injuries.............suffocation (hehehe used to like T BAGGING PEOPLE THAT WAS FUN) so please take a leaf out of my sons teachers book and just show the kids how to kick the snow (hell the teacher was having a good old time)

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..